DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time using Active Track on my Bike

Very cool! Can't wait to try it.

Around 30 second mark, what mode is this?
My understanding is that Active Track will follow you from behind and Follow Me mode needs to be 10m (30ft) above you. So how did you get the drone to stay next to you?

Great video, nice tosee the different angles going on.

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji122]

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

How does the Mavic handle riding along winding road and trail? I am waiting for some sunny weather before I use active track on an open mountain bike trail to the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Same question as Tomdog. What do you do with the remote ? I assume you stuff it in a fanny pack and double assume that toggling the sticks does nothing ?

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

How does the Mavic handle riding along winding road and trail? I am waiting for some sunny weather before I use active track on an open mountain bike trail to the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Really did great

Same question as Tomdog. What do you do with the remote ? I assume you stuff it in a fanny pack and double assume that toggling the sticks does nothing ?

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS
Left it by a near by tree :)

Wouldn't work where I live in the Pacific NW. That is about a flat and untree covered route as I've ever seen for a bike trail.

I had mine Active track (profiling) a bike on a gently descending tree lined route today. In the end, the bikes speed defeated it though and it could not keep up. Just reading in the manual that the Profile & Spot sub modes do not avoid obstacles. Hence I nearly collected a couple of tree. Should have been in Trace.

Very good job filming and editing, Active Track is really cool we need to keep experimenting with different modes and speeds to know what possible. Keep up the good work mate!

Very good job filming and editing, Active Track is really cool we need to keep experimenting with different modes and speeds to know what possible. Keep up the good work mate!
Thank you

If you don't mind me asking, where did you put the controller?

He left it beside a tree (Its in the previous posts).

Here is one I did while following in a car.

Ignore the video quality as I have restricted internet access for uload here. Shows the limitations of Profile sub mode though and Active Track in general. It cannot keep up with anything more than a very modest speed.

I would like a gimbal tracking mode that simply assists with pointing the camera smoothly at a target while allowing the user full capabilities of Sport mode to manually fly and keep up.

Indeed the speed is key to the results, at least according to my experiences which are few and limited I admit. And that's why the best AT footage I did so far is climbing. It won't orbit while in Trace if we're too fast, actually even mildly fast is enough to make it go weird trying to catch up or lose track and hover.

He left it beside a tree (Its in the previous posts).

Here is one I did while following in a car.

Ignore the video quality as I have restricted internet access for uload here. Shows the limitations of Profile sub mode though and Active Track in general. It cannot keep up with anything more than a very modest speed.

I would like a gimbal tracking mode that simply assists with pointing the camera smoothly at a target while allowing the user full capabilities of Sport mode to manually fly and keep up.

Not sure you're using the mode correctly. I've been able to have my Mavic track me up to 60+ Kph (see video). Your issue might be with the measurement selection you're using. If you switch to Imperial measurements the top speed listed in active track is 49Mph. Dji ****$d up their math and each different measurement setting gives a different top speed. Stick with Mph for the fastest top speed.

See this thread for more info: Speed Priority in Active Track mode?

Not sure you're using the mode correctly. I've been able to have my Mavic track me up to 60+ Kph (see video). Your issue might be with the measurement selection you're using. If you switch to Imperial measurements the top speed listed in active track is 49Mph. Dji ****$d up their math and each different measurement setting gives a different top speed. Stick with Mph for the fastest top speed.

See this thread for more info: Speed Priority in Active Track mode?

That's pretty cool...you're quite a brave man :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi