DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FIX Incompatible Gimball Error 40021 on Mavics (02-2020)

I ran everything through and got the normal error message after jointcoarse and linearhall. Alit of posts I have read state that their gimbals worked after that but they still received the errors. After I ran the script my gimbal was still a little to the right and I still can't move it at all. Help?
same .. did you find the soluation??

Download the latest version of python and install The Correct DJI assistant
Make sure you put the DJI tools in the same folder as Python.

Last edited:
Download the latest version of python and install The Correct DJI assistant
Make sure you put the DJI tools in the same folder as Python.
Nothing different,
I have the mavic pro, the problem is when ever i connect the drone to the computer the gimbalg turn off like it go to sleep mode and when i disconnect the drone it turn back on

I have never used this on my Pro, just my Mini's. I hooked up my M1P to my pc and calibrated the gimbal with DJI Assistant. Worked fine. Then I tried the Python scripts and had the same thing happen to me as to you.

I have never used this on my Pro, just my Mini's. I hooked up my M1P to my pc and calibrated the gimbal with DJI Assistant. Worked fine. Then I tried the Python scripts and had the same thing happen to me as to you.
so what did you do after that ??

hi everyone,
i did everything what was in 1st post but still have errors : 40011 and 40021 😣

any ideas?

mavic mini

Y'all might want to take the support conversation into pm's as forums aren't really setup for that kind of thing my guys.

As for the primary issue:

Does this just make the drone flyable or does it actually remove the gimbal error by re-pairing the serial of the gimbal with the imu?

That's what we really need. Ideally we need a copy of the dji repair software.

I have a mavic air 1, which after replacing the gimbal gives error code 3 and they same issue: no control of the gimbal, time out when trying to calibrate, sits at an angle.

Will this work on my drone?

Stou

il y a 0 seconde
I found the problem with the command. Probably because of an update in the tools, the command structure as changed. It worked for my DJI Mini with those commands:
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM2 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM2 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib LinearHall.

But unfortunately it didn't removed those 180016, 180030 and 180031 errors I have :-(
Old post but i try my luck.
Replaced gimball and cables after crash and try to calibrate it.
I got the first command to work, camera was moving but still not centered. when i tried the second command i got an error:
C:\DJI>python comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM3 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib LinearHall
Opened COM3 at 9600

Info: The Gimbal will slowly move through all positions in all axes, several times. It will take around 30 seconds.

Prepared binary packet:
55 0e 04 66 0a 04 af 57 20 04 08 02 34 e1
Sending packet...
Waiting for reply...
Retrieved 1 packets (14b), dropped 0 fragments (0b)
Received response packet:
55 0e 04 66 04 0a af 57 80 04 08 01 be c7
Error: Unrecognized response to calibration command LinearHall request.

Any idea what is wrong? Could it be com port closing? When I connect the drone it opens for a few seconds before closing again.

Camera is not centered, but i can see picture on my phone. It is not possible to tilt the camera from the controller. Wondering if its only a software error or could it also be some hw failures?
Using Windows 11

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollywood52761