DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav 2 gimbal calibration help

RIsiaah

Reactions
Mavic 2 gimbal calibration
Hi all I hope some one here can help
I had crashed my Mav 2 last year. although I have video feed had no control over gimbal. I ordered new cable fitted, then done the calibration with the Python and pyserial
this corrected the gimbal and all was well. than during covid had not had much time to use the drone. after almost a 6 months of not using it, when I finally started it. the gimbal went through the usual sequence, but then went back to where it stops of center. and has no control for the gimbal again.
I have ran the JointCoarse command line again in Python and it does what it was supposed to do, but when running the LinearHall command I get absolutely nothing. I have tried had tried countless time and the same result every time movement on JointCoasrse and nothing on LinearHall.
the original way I did this when it worked was this line using the first set of commands which was the updated to the following
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM2 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM2 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib LinearHall.
Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong.
thank you in advance

Yes Very Sure , and if it was not correct, the JointCoarse command line would not have worked.
This is mine below
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM5 -vv WM240 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM5 -vv WM249 GimbalCalib LinearHall.

Last edited:
Hi, I also don't have control of my Mavic Mini 2. I wonder if the problem is similar. Mine happened after a soft crash. I have tried blowing compressed air around the gimbal. Unfortunately I have not found a way to fix it. I have created this video to describe the gimbal stuck error. See the video here

Mavic 2 gimbal calibration
Hi all I hope some one here can help
I had crashed my Mav 2 last year. although I have video feed had no control over gimbal. I ordered new cable fitted, then done the calibration with the Python and pyserial
this corrected the gimbal and all was well. than during covid had not had much time to use the drone. after almost a 6 months of not using it, when I finally started it. the gimbal went through the usual sequence, but then went back to where it stops of center. and has no control for the gimbal again.
I have ran the JointCoarse command line again in Python and it does what it was supposed to do, but when running the LinearHall command I get absolutely nothing. I have tried had tried countless time and the same result every time movement on JointCoasrse and nothing on LinearHall.
the original way I did this when it worked was this line using the first set of commands which was the updated to the following
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM2 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
py comm_og_service_tool.py --port COM2 -vv WM160 GimbalCalib LinearHall.
Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong.
thank you in advance
I have the same problem, did you find solution?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial