DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed my brand new Mavic poor video quality.

Valdal

Reactions
So, I purchased a new Mavic Pro this weekend and was very upset by the quality of the footage. It was really poor, grainy, blurry and just plain cr4p.

Anyway, I read a few topics online which although didn't directly relate to my problem, I thought I would try them out anyway.

I reset the drone's settings and then reset the gimbal and took it out, not really expecting any changes but OMG. It is perfect, quality is just like my Phantom 4.

Just thought it worth posting if anyone else had the same issue.
To make it clear, my Mavic was brand new, in a sealed box and I had not made any settings so I can't say what was actually changed on the reset I did but it definitely changed the footage for the better.

Reactions: Pathogen
So you re set everything back to default factory settings including the gimbal and everything was perfect?

So, I purchased a new Mavic Pro this weekend and was very upset by the quality of the footage. It was really poor, grainy, blurry and just plain cr4p.

Anyway, I read a few topics online which although didn't directly relate to my problem, I thought I would try them out anyway.

I reset the drone's settings and then reset the gimbal and took it out, not really expecting any changes but OMG. It is perfect, quality is just like my Phantom 4.

Just thought it worth posting if anyone else had the same issue.
To make it clear, my Mavic was brand new, in a sealed box and I had not made any settings so I can't say what was actually changed on the reset I did but it definitely changed the footage for the better.
Is there one reset for everything? Or in each menu you did It?

Do believe I will give this a try. Worst case.....just have to take the time to go back thru reset everything to what it was.

Yes thats correct.

I am a bit puzzled by this. Did you really reset both the drone and the RC to factory defaults or did you reset the camera settings and did a gimbal calibration?

I am a bit puzzled by this. Did you really reset both the drone and the RC to factory defaults or did you reset the camera settings and did a gimbal calibration?

I actually didn't do anything with the remote control.
I just reset the drone to factory and reset the gimbal.
I partly followed this video i found on youtube.

The parts i did included the moving of the drone and pressing next etc and then resetting the gimbal.

I actually didn't do anything with the remote control.
I just reset the drone to factory and reset the gimbal.
I partly followed this video i found on youtube.

The parts i did included the moving of the drone and pressing next etc and then resetting the gimbal.

I don’t think you have actually reset the drone to factory settings because, if you did, you would be getting firmware mismatch warning messages as the RC would be a different version.
What you have done is an IMU calibration, a camera reset and a gimbal calibration.

I did get mismatch warnings, something about the battery ?
It went through a process that took a few seconds and hasn't come up since.
In fact I think it did that with all 3 of the batteries.

Which video settings are you using then ? Or, which settings are the default after the action you did ?

Thanks/Manfred

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece