DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew in Sport mode for 1st time today

Mavic is, indeed, very quiet, compared to the P4, P3P, and P4P! It's the perfect surveilance drone from 400 feet! No one will even know it's there!

I actually think my P4P is louder than my old P3P.... the P4P is a bit heavier, but same props... proably needs to spin them a bit faster for the weight increase...

I was really hoping the Mavic would have even bigger props spinning them slower... it would be even more quiet.

I have a pretty big spider type quad (the Action Drone AD-1) running 12" props and it is even quieter than the Mavic... Another guy said he ran 17" props on the AD-1 and he said it was nearly silent - that would be way cool to have a totally silent Mavic :p

Attachments

• AD-1-H3-3Dx1200.jpg
    AD-1-H3-3Dx1200.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 61
I actually think my P4P is louder than my old P3P.... the P4P is a bit heavier, but same props... proably needs to spin them a bit faster for the weight increase...

I was really hoping the Mavic would have even bigger props spinning them slower... it would be even more quiet.

I have a pretty big spider type quad (the Action Drone AD-1) running 12" props and it is even quieter than the Mavic... Another guy said he ran 17" props on the AD-1 and he said it was nearly silent - that would be way cool to have a totally silent Mavic :p
I like the sound of the mavic as it flies past you full bore in sports mode. Flew this mode for first time in high winds this morning and such a hoot...see attached video

Hi

which application gives you the stats as shown above ? is that Lichi ?

also i see TOP SPEED 62 mph, wait !! isn't this more than 80 Km/h ??? i didn't know the MAVIC could reach such speed !! i always thought it was more around 35 mph in sport mode (55 km/h max)
Just keep in mind this is air speed not ground speed so a tail wind can give you a much higher reading.

Just keep in mind this is air speed not ground speed so a tail wind can give you a much higher reading.
I doubt that the Mavic has any ability to measure air speed. It is GPS based, and therefore ground speed only. The controller displayed horizontal speed already reflects the penalty of a headwind and the beneft of a tail wind.

Reactions: Aeroworks
2ac710a101259bcc3217df22a45f2b0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817T using MavicPilots mobile app
How did you get 62.5 MPH?

Hi

which application gives you the stats as shown above ? is that Lichi ?

also i see TOP SPEED 62 mph, wait !! isn't this more than 80 Km/h ??? i didn't know the MAVIC could reach such speed !! i always thought it was more around 35 mph in sport mode (55 km/h max)

62mph would be 100kph

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wow, what a blast. It is so much faster. I definitely kept in out in the wide open for this.

My first sport mode flight today showed me 40.8mph - pretty fast! The only challenge is that the Mavic went into ATTI mode a couple of times, then returned back to GPS mode.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Doesn't sport mode burn your battery quicker? It does.
Not that it matters cause the fun ends when battery goes down to a set percentage (mine is set to 20% now from stock 30 %) I never get 25 min since once battery is down to 20% at 18min all the beeping and auto landing makes more flight impossible. Am I missing something?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.