DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew the Mavic for the first time

iride4u

Reactions
Today I received my Mavic and after charging the battery and checking for updates I flew it twice.
The first time was using a I-Phone 7 and the second time was with a I-Pad Mini 4. I like the larger screen so if I am not traveling I will use the I-Pad. No problems with the first flight. On the second I had 3 obstacle false alarms. All three times I was up at 78 feet over ice with nothing else around. The wind started to get higher so the flight was aborted for today. This is a very nice portable bird that will find a home when I travel.

Were you flying into a bright sun when you got the warnings ?? This is a know issue and if it becomes a problem just turn away from the sun or switch into sports mode as this disables the OA.

I also just flew min for the first time. What a blast and the nervous feeling you get when you take off only relying on the screen and hoping it comes back.

I also just flew min for the first time. What a blast and the nervous feeling you get when you take off only relying on the screen and hoping it comes back.

Just make sure you follow the corre take off procedure and you will be fine ..

Ie
wait for gps lock
Wait for verbal home point updated message
Confirm location on the map
Take of vertically to 10 meters hold a few seconds

And you will be good to go everytime

Did you remove transparent stickers from front cameras? ;)

Ever wonder why there was only a sticker on one of the sensors? I received 3 different birds due to issues and they all only had one of the sensors stickered.

Did you remove transparent stickers from front cameras? ;)
There was a sticker on one of the cameras. Thanks for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78