DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Battery Charging LEDs Problem

MavicMan

Reactions
Hi all. I need some help from the Brains Trust RE status lights of the flight battery when charging. One of my batteries has a weird LED status display that cycles every 15 or 20 seconds. Firstly all the lights on the battery are off. Then all 4 LEDs light simultaneously and stay on for about 3 seconds. Then, they all turn off simultaneously. At this point they immediately 'scroll' starting with LED 1 up through all LEDs until all are lit, then it reverses until all LEDs are off.

During all of this the charging hub status LED is flashing indicating that charging is underway.

With all other batteries the charging appears normal on battery & hub status LEDs.
The battery firmware is all up to date.
The hub firmware is as delivered - can't get a connection with Assistant to the hub.
Same thing happens with all ports on the hub so pretty sure it's the battery.

Any ideas what's the little beauty is trying to tell me?

Thanks for any help that's out there.

I've posted a video on youtube:

Last edited:
Hi Halley, thanks for your reply. I'd thought that too, so put the battery into the aircraft and powered everything up. No indication of 'inconsistent firmware' so posted my query. About an hour later I powered up again and sure enough 'inconsistent firmware'. Let it sort itself out and all the symptoms disappeared.

No the question is how did the firmware suddenly become inconsistent after having made quite a few flights with that battery.

Maybe just a glitch.

Hi Halley, thanks for your reply. I'd thought that too, so put the battery into the aircraft and powered everything up. No indication of 'inconsistent firmware' so posted my query. About an hour later I powered up again and sure enough 'inconsistent firmware'. Let it sort itself out and all the symptoms disappeared.

No the question is how did the firmware suddenly become inconsistent after having made quite a few flights with that battery.

Maybe just a glitch.

Yeah probably a glitch. You are not the first person I have heard having this issue. The way these updates are supplied is mainly through the controller and aircraft. The battery is only updated if it's recognized as being inconsistent but since the aircraft and controller are updated the way the server handles and checks there may be some inconsistencies.

Anyways it always seems to work itself out with time. I'm not surprised there is a slight issue as there is a lot to update on the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yeah probably a glitch. You are not the first person I have heard having this issue. The way these updates are supplied is mainly through the controller and aircraft. The battery is only updated if it's recognized as being inconsistent but since the aircraft and controller are updated the way the server handles and checks there may be some inconsistencies.

Anyways it always seems to work itself out with time. I'm not surprised there is a slight issue as there is a lot to update on the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Thanks skull. I appreciate it.

Adrian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman