DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Logs

ooberwoot

Reactions
So I just got a mavic back from the repair facility... There's no R in the serial, but there's some cosmetic damage all over it. Looks pretty used. I downloaded the .dat file from the mavic, and it appears there's 3 flights from Jan, but no data... at least that the assistant software can read... Does anyone know where/how to upload the file so I can see if it's a blank file or if there's truly logs on it?

It was only the mavic that went back, not the RC. I don't know of a way to use the dji go app to view those logs.

Edit: Yes, they did swap out the Mavic as the serial is different, and it's missing my FAA tags.

Last edited:
For some reason I can't get the log files off. They act as if they are placeholder files maybe... IDK if DJI can delete the content in them or not, but it seems that maybe this mavic isn't 'used' and just has a bunch of cosmetic issues. I just took it out for a quick 'wing stretching' flight, and flew pretty solid.

For some reason I can't get the log files off. They act as if they are placeholder files maybe... IDK if DJI can delete the content in them or not, but it seems that maybe this mavic isn't 'used' and just has a bunch of cosmetic issues. I just took it out for a quick 'wing stretching' flight, and flew pretty solid.
How to retrieve a .DAT

I'm not sure why you removed the file download link, but fortunately my email with your reply still had it. I can take a look at these files. I have them downloaded.

Okay so the first file is a log. The drone was powered on and moved around. Since there was no GPS data, I can't tell where, but the gyros do register movement while active. It wasn't flown.

File 2, has lot's erratic movement in there, almost as if it was being vibrated. No motors where running. The graph is chaos. Either they were intense vibrations, or it was tumbling like crazy. @BudWalker, care to look as well?

I can't open the 3rd file.

I'm not sure why you removed the file download link, but fortunately my email with your reply still had it. I can take a look at these files. I have them downloaded.
Oh. I'm sorry. I removed the link to the file because I thought it was the wrong file. When I first got it unpacked, I did spend like 30 or so minutes updating the firmware... could that have been the vibrations? I also know that the Mavic has an internal fan in it, but this was pretty gnarly loud. Not like broken bearings loud, but more like an older imac trying to render a video loud. Here's the link again to the .dat file.

Thank you again tons for checking it out for me.
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-04-18_10-44-36.DAT

Okay so the first file is a log. The drone was powered on and moved around. Since there was no GPS data, I can't tell where, but the gyros do register movement while active. It wasn't flown.

File 2, has lot's erratic movement in there, almost as if it was being vibrated. No motors where running. The graph is chaos. Either they were intense vibrations, or it was tumbling like crazy. @BudWalker, care to look as well?

I can't open the 3rd file.
Sure, but can someone provide a link?

Oh. I'm sorry. I removed the link to the file because I thought it was the wrong file. When I first got it unpacked, I did spend like 30 or so minutes updating the firmware... could that have been the vibrations? I also know that the Mavic has an internal fan in it, but this was pretty gnarly loud. Not like broken bearings loud, but more like an older imac trying to render a video loud. Here's the link again to the .dat file.

Thank you again tons for checking it out for me.
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-04-18_10-44-36.DAT
I looked at all three .DATs. The third .DAT is too small for DatCon to determine the AC type. I had to help DatCon some to look at this .DAT. The next DatCon version won't have this limitation.

There isn't much to see. No evidence of having been previously flown.

As @Cyberpower678 noted, the second .DAT did have some gyro and accelerometer data that would be unusual for a Mavic sitting absolutely still. This was also apparent in the third .DAT. Looking at the IMU temps it seems that the third .DAT must've occurred very soon after the second .DAT. I'm not concerned about this; it's interesting though. Gyro data always has some noise. Your Mavic gyro data seems to show some kind of external input, particularly in the X axis.
upload_2017-4-19_6-22-31.png

My advice? Don't worry about this. It's something to investigate further if you're looking for a science fair project. Probably end up being something like your cat taking a bath on the table where the Mavic was sitting when this .DAT was recorded.

My advice? Don't worry about this. It's something to investigate further if you're looking for a science fair project. Probably end up being something like your cat taking a bath on the table where the Mavic was sitting when this .DAT was recorded.

Sounds good. Thanks for taking a look at this for me. My first mavic was replaced by DJI for some warranty issues, and this one came, and has some nicks and scrapes all over it, so I was worried it was someone's crash return or something. Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan