DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Floats???

I Fly as well all the time over the water and I really enjoy doing this.
I did personally use the Wetsuit + Rescue Jacket, I did the range test with the setup and found I can go pretty far with it.
Any accessory you use in a drone will affect the performance of the drone but is not a big deal for me since still performed well for what I want and the mental peace I have that I can recover my drone if something happened over the water is priceless. Even if the drone land upside down for any reason I still can recover the drone and claim my refresh kit.

If you do racing with the drone, well, do not use the rescue jacket because will kill about 3mph in top speed for the drag. If not is the best tool to keep the drone safe over the water and improve visibility.

This is my opinion.
Not familiar with the products, so sorry for dumb questions. Do you use both wetsuit and rescue jacket at same time, or do you have to switch from one to the other? Do you remember the costs of the two products?

If covid didn't have every open space in my area taken up with testing sites I may never have decided to go for the ocean, but I got tired of looking at my dirty roof and clogged gutters so I went for it. I had planned to stay close to the shore but every bit of tension I had flying in my neighborhood melted away in the first minute of flight over the ocean, to the point I decided I will happily pay up another $700 if something went wrong and I lost it. After my first successful 16.9km flight to a reef on the open ocean I came back with too much confidence...to the point I had a low battery emergency landing a mile from my house. Always remember 10% bat basically means 0% on these drones despite what the good pilots on YT make it look like ;)
So you missed my post above yours on the chit chat huh.?

The Mavic 2 Mini now have there own Rescue Jackets to land on the Water
see thread:

Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d