DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more + Smart Controller

i like mine with the pro 2. down side was going from a larger 8in tablet, but the pros out weighed the cons to me. faster setup and tears down as simply turn on/off the remote vs fumbling with phone/tablet and plugs, and mounts and such. plus charging is now only remote, and not worrying on the screen device to be charged. nothing worse than charging drone batts, stock rc, and forgetting the tablet to be charged

Reactions: bburnett15
i like mine with the pro 2. down side was going from a larger 8in tablet, but the pros out weighed the cons to me. faster setup and tears down as simply turn on/off the remote vs fumbling with phone/tablet and plugs, and mounts and such. plus charging is now only remote, and not worrying on the screen device to be charged. nothing worse than charging drone batts, stock rc, and forgetting the tablet to be charged

I’d be coming from a P4A+ with the screen, so the size isn’t a big deal for me. Having to charge only the controller is big for me though.

I’d be coming from a P4A+ with the screen, so the size isn’t a big deal for me. Having to charge only the controller is big for me though.
youll enjoy it. and i think the smart remote works on the p4. not exactly sure which of the various models or if all of them. but yea. i like mine. plus its brighter than my phone or tablet in direct sunlight

I was just about to order the MA2 fly more and the smart controller separately from Amazon, but after reading this thread I ordered the MA2 fly more with smart controller direct from DJI and saved some $$.

Unfortunately it won’t ship as fast as Amazon, but I could not pass up that deal.
Yes they do when are in the US warehouse. I bough my MM2 directly from DJI website a Wednesday and Friday morning the MM2 arrived. All depend if they are available in the US warehouse.

No way! Man I just spent $800 for my Smart Controller. ?
I realize $50 is $50 dollars and at $750 might not matter to some. But a SC is listed at $749 Shipping and tax included direct from DJI so how did you get one for $800? Or are you rounding with tax from Amazon or something? Here is one with a nice case and strap mounts for less: https://www.amazon.com/Mavic-Smart-...troller&qid=1605959390&sr=8-3&tag=googhydr-20

To the OP I got my SC with a Combo for a M2Z and I couldn't be happier.. There are reasons for some to have both a stock and a SC, but most will find that a SC is the wise investment had your wallet accept. For those interested and like me with a disability or two this strap system keeps it balanced and in place. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R5ZGP7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s06?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is a bit pricey and may not work for all but it is well made and serves a purpose that those who have "Challenges" and don't wish to hold the SC due to weight.

Attachments

• Hanging.jpg
    Hanging.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I noticed today DJI now offers the fly more combo with the smart controller for $1400. Is the extra couple hundred dollars for the smart controller worth it? As is, the smart controller in this bundle is an extra 400, which is 47% less than what it normally costs.
They can pull this off because they do not include the regular controller. $400 seems about right as the diff between the two.

I noticed today DJI now offers the fly more combo with the smart controller for $1400. Is the extra couple hundred dollars for the smart controller worth it? As is, the smart controller in this bundle is an extra 400, which is 47% less than what it normally costs.
That is a fantastic deal I would jump on it I love mine I did have issues with it I had to send it in twice to get new boards put in all under warranty though. I love it because it’s very easy to hold so that makes it easier to fly cinematically there’s also built-in fans so it does not overheat when it is hot

They can pull this off because they do not include the regular controller. $400 seems about right as the diff between the two.
Actually it's a heck of a deal as the MA2 controller is running $120-$125 new, less pre owned ($750-$125=$625, savings of $225 for the $400 Bundle offer . It isn't as good as the combo deal I got Buying a New M2Z W/ SC for $1520 but that was just right place right time. DJI Likes Bundles!!! ;)

Reactions: Capt KO
I was not a phantom fan when I first saw them myself. Actually one of dji’s better aircraft and has made them tons of money.

Reactions: TruGreen
No. DJI does very little cross connecting with their controllers.
The make more money selling more controllers.

Ok, you all have me thinking. Does anyone know if the M2P controller will work with the MA2? If it does, I could buy the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo (DJI Smart Controller) deal and sell the MA2 with my used M2P controller. Not sure if that will fly or not though.
nope M2P rc wont work. but ya could go in ebay and buy Ma2 RC for 100-200 then sell the kit. or also try to part out the remainder of the kit to those wanting?

Reactions: fguthrie
nope M2P rc wont work. but ya could go in ebay and buy Ma2 RC for 100-200 then sell the kit. or also try to part out the remainder of the kit to those wanting?
lol I like the way you think, thanks! I'm going to figure out the best strategy for this. There is only one problem, I may end up keeping everything! ;)

Reactions: TruGreen

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat