DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any news did you find it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

No , still missing and very bummed. But am taking it chin up. Got questions I hope the group will answer. Here is a screen shot . What do the different color flags indicate?
6f447bb7621af2c4d1639258dbc69dc5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/20b5af7abdb7d4488a6d4844d099f501.

The mavic took 2 still pictures. One take off and one half way to getting lost. What tells the mavic when to take the second picture? Wish it had been the final landing zone. It is not.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/f480bcd203ce94b56eb63e6c167e7a31.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots[/IMG]

Last edited:
I lost gps , it went in antimode, then I'm sure battery died. Once you loose gps, the rth function is a goner.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hope you find your Mavic . Just a note for next time . If you lose GPS or the app crashes just look at the controller distance , altitude and speed information that is displayed at the bottom of the screen . Make sure you are at a decent altitude to go over any tall objects and fly the aircraft in in the direction that the distance decreases most rapidly . You will be heading home .

Reactions: Former Member
Hope you find your Mavic . Just a note for next time . If you lose GPS or the app crashes just look at the controller distance , altitude and speed information that is displayed at the bottom of the screen . Make sure you are at a decent altitude to go over any tall objects and fly the aircraft in in the direction that the distance decreases most rapidly . You will be heading home

Thank you for the kind wishes. Great advise. Someone tell me why you loose gps 146 feet away from home w 18 satellites ?

935f0214dbb0e206331217fd3529522e.jpg

No , still missing and very bummed. But am taking it chin up. Got questions I hope the group will answer. Here is a screen shot . What do the different color flags indicate?

The mavic took 2 still pictures. One take off and one half way to getting lost. What tells the mavic when to take the second picture? Wish it had been the final landing zone. It is not.

I've never noticed Mavic taking still pics automatically. All the stills in my logs have been taken by me.

Last edited:
Double Whammy... App Crash and ATTI mode. Keep Lookig you will find it. Was it actually over homes/property. If that is where it landed maybe you get a phone call.

I've never noticed Mavic taking still pics automatically. All the stills in my logs have been taken by me.

I have lost GPS and connection. Ended up finding in a tree. Also, totaled one clipping a treetop about 125-130 up.
My point, no still pics in either scenario. I have learned some good lessons.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Flyaway? Nope
Bad pilot? Yep

People will have a sook over this post but only because the truth hurts

Learn how to fly atti, keep it in LOS

You're going to **** it for the rest of us

Flyaway? Nope
Bad pilot? Yep

People will have a sook over this post but only because the truth hurts

Learn how to fly atti, keep it in LOS

You're going to **** it for the rest of us

- Agree
- Agree
- Likely True
- Agree
- Message better and more powerful without this part.

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Reactions: ___
How did you manage to find it?

Reactions: HeavensAbove
I'm glad you got it back.

So know that you have it back.. I have a few questions.

Were you flying line of sight?
I'm not the drone police but it goes with my following question.
If you were LOS when the app crashed did you try to fly it back? Are you sure you lost GPS?
Are you sure you lost controller connection?
Did you apply input to bring it back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read these these post to learn and better understand it's limits.

Same here. As a new owner I flew in beginner mode for the first month I think. Just me and an open soccer field for weeks. Probably over cautious but the wife would kill me if I had to buy a replacement :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom