DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Czechoslovakia?

Brojon

Reactions
We decided to bop over to Prague for the weekend while we're in Europe.
What so I need to know about flying there?

I didn't think there were any consumer drones available which could fly in Czechoslovakia, would this be in 1992 or earlier?

I didn't think there were any consumer drones available which could fly in Czechoslovakia, would this be in 1992 or earlier?

Not sure what you mean by that.
I read the rules but it isn't clear if EU authorization is sufficient or if I need to jump through additional hoops.
It would also be nice to know how the rules are different and in what way. For example the M3P is allowed to fly over people within reason and can operate closer than larger drones.

Let me check to see if there is a more recent video to help explain it better. Since the Czech Republic is in EU, our fellow EU forum members may have more accurate and current information.

Let me check to see if there is a more recent video to help explain it better. Since the Czech Republic is in EU, our fellow EU forum members may have more accurate and current information.
Given that they do not use the Euro I doubt they are in the EU.
If they are in the EU I know what to expect since I'm licensed to fly.

Not sure what you mean by that.
I read the rules but it isn't clear if EU authorization is sufficient or if I need to jump through additional hoops.
It would also be nice to know how the rules are different and in what way. For example the M3P is allowed to fly over people within reason and can operate closer than larger drones.
The country known as "Czechoslovakia" has not existed since 1992. Prague is now in the Czech Republic. Dissolution of Czechoslovakia - Wikipedia

I am not sure if you are referring to Mini 3 Pro or Mavic 3 Pro by "M3P" but note that the Mavic 3 Pro is not allowed to fly over people at any time.

Given that they do not use the Euro I doubt they are in the EU.
If they are in the EU I know what to expect since I'm licensed to fly.
CZ are definitely members of the EU.

There are plenty of EU members who do not use the Euro. Denmark for example. Sweden for another example. And yes, the Czech Republic also. Until recently, the UK also fit into that category. There are also some countries that are not in the EU that use the Euro.

We decided to bop over to Prague for the weekend while we're in Europe.
What so I need to know about flying there?
This is the map you will need to consult for flight restricted areas in CZ — do not rely on the DJI app for this: AisView 3.9

The rules for flying in CZ will be the same as for the rest of the EEA. I recently posted a comment detailing those here: Flying M3P in Europe?

The country known as "Czechoslovakia" has not existed since 1992. Prague is now in the Czech Republic. Dissolution of Czechoslovakia - Wikipedia

I am not sure if you are referring to Mini 3 Pro or Mavic 3 Pro by "M3P" but note that the Mavic 3 Pro is not allowed to fly over people at any time.

CZ are definitely members of the EU.

There are plenty of EU members who do not use the Euro. Denmark for example. Sweden for another example. And yes, the Czech Republic also. Until recently, the UK also fit into that category. There are also some countries that are not in the EU that use the Euro.

This is the map you will need to consult for flight restricted areas in CZ — do not rely on the DJI app for this: AisView 3.9

The rules for flying in CZ will be the same as for the rest of the EEA. I recently posted a comment detailing those here: Flying M3P in Europe?
You can safely assume since I am certified and licensed to fly in the EU that I mean the Mini 3 Pro when I say allowed over people (limited).
Yes I know they are now Czech Republic, no need to be pedantic.
I knew them as Czechoslovakia when I was in Germany and the tanks rolled in - not a big deal.
As far as the Euro - the biggest reason it cast doubt as to EU membership is many travel agencies make a point to say that virtually no one in Prague will accept Euros and the ATM fees and conversion rates are positively highway robbery. Things change - such as the UK.
Thanks for the map.

For others who want to fly drones in Czech republic here is a link to Drone flight planning web application
in English

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J