DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the 30A of Walton County, FL

danwatt

Reactions
I am visiting the 30A area of Florida, which is in tricky airspace with its own regulations (Part 93). The whole area seems to be subject to Eglin AFB. The beaches are all under one of their MOA's. I want to fly my Mavic recreationally, and am trying to do this by the book. Per this document it seems like the area I would be flying in is classified as an Area 3, which is subject to the following requirements:

USE PERMITTED within FAA Guidelines - FAA Guidelines available at www.faa.gov/uas or www.knowbeforeyoufly.org - Submit Eglin sUAS Request Form to [email protected] (Used to notify tower/airport operator and acknowledge use within Part 93 airspace)​

I did submit their form, and got a response (emphasis mine)

My office can handle your request to use a sUAS IVO Seagrove Beach. That location is within Part 93 airspace but outside of Eglin Restricted airspace and the controlled airspace around airfields. Please fill out the attached form and return to me and I will forward to the appropriate ATC facility for acknowledgement. For this specific request, please operate outside of Restricted Airspace, Controlled Airspace, and Eglin property at 400 feet AGL and below. If you desire to operate within 5 SM of one of the airfields in the future, please let me know and I will coordinate their requirements at that time.
I have not heard anything back after submitting the form. What I am wondering is, am I asking for permission here and need to have a response in hand to fly, or am I just notifying?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bodidly