DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Multiple Quads

Birdman5280

Reactions
My son (17 yr old) received his MP this morning and we'd like to go out and fly this afternoon. I'll be showing him how to setup, calibrate and observe his flying before putting my Mavic up. Before we fly, I have a couple of questions before actually flying together. First, can we use my batteries in his Mavic since he only has one? I'm not quite sure how smart these batteries are. Second, will we run into issues with radio signals or any other unforeseen issues? Should we take from different areas to prevent any signal issues? If so, how far apart should we be? I appreciate any feedback you all have. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: Birdman5280
Love this video. I wish they had done more footage.

Rob

My son (17 yr old) received his MP this morning and we'd like to go out and fly this afternoon. I'll be showing him how to setup, calibrate and observe his flying before putting my Mavic up. Before we fly, I have a couple of questions before actually flying together. First, can we use my batteries in his Mavic since he only has one? I'm not quite sure how smart these batteries are. Second, will we run into issues with radio signals or any other unforeseen issues? Should we take from different areas to prevent any signal issues? If so, how far apart should we be? I appreciate any feedback you all have. Thanks in advance for your help.

We just had a Drone meetup here in the bay area, CA at the Baylands park. Most of the guys had Mavics and we didn't see any signal isssues. Often there were 4 Mavics in the air at the same time. We had some stiff winds, probably over 25 mph at times and the Mavics handled it very well. I flew right next to a Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic was more stable, especially the altitude hold. Fun day!

We had 6 mavics during this particular meetup, in addition to typhoon H's, autel, phantom 3's and 4's (not all captured in this one photo). At least two of the 6 Mavics showed signal interference warnings, but just for a brief moment, and we all continued to fly within close proxity (3 of us were right next to each other) and had no major issues.

dx5i0032-jpg.5754

Batteries should be fine if they all have the same Firmware . Flying close should not be an issue but I would not stand within maybe 10' of each other and increase that distance if you plan to fly the mavics a long ways off . The further the drones are away from the controllers the more the interference would matter . Lots of output from those little controllers to get 4 miles distance from the Mavic .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78