DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying United Airlines with a drone as carry-on, any issues?

Morketh

Reactions
Any problem with United Airlines flying with your mavic as carry-on?
Any issue with the batteries?
I do not have lipo bags for the batteries, is that a problem?
From the rules it looks like anything below 100WH battery is fine and mavic batteries are like 43WH or something so I don't think it should be a problem.

I'll be flying to costa rica.

Any problem with United Airlines flying with your mavic as carry-on?
No.

I do not have lipo bags for the batteries, is that a problem?
No. Just make sure the battery terminals are covered. If each battery is not in a separate compartment in a bag/case, then just cover the battery terminals with a piece of tape. Or use Mavic battery covers like these or these.

From the rules it looks like anything below 100WH battery is fine and mavic batteries are like 43WH or something so I don't think it should be a problem.
Right. It's not a problem.

Last edited:
No.

No. Just make sure the battery terminals are covered. If each battery is not in a separate compartment in a bag/case, then just cover the battery terminals with a piece of tape.

Right. It's not a problem.

Awesome, thanks!! Hope to get some cool footage in Costa Rica!

We were able to fly to Australia and then to Hawaii and back to LAX. TSA at LAX when we were leaving took the drone out and did the swab test on it but other than that we were fine.

I'd say also if you have TSA Pre check that will make your life go much easier too. From HNL-LAX was a breeze because of it and you don't have to take much electronics out of your bags.

I will be bringing my MPP home from our vacation place. United flight from Billings to Denver to Kansas City. Four batteries, drone and controller in a case. One battery will be on drone and the other three in molded foam slots. I'll make sure batteries are around 50% charged.

Any recent issues with taking a drone as carry on luggage? It will be placed under the seat in front of me.

Need to get it home in case I decide to upgrade to M2 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661