DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying!

Timster1973

Reactions
Evening all.

sorry, I’m sure many people have posted this before but I’m finding the Mavic Pro so exciting to fly but I’m so nervous at the same time. I’m still finding myself amazed at something so small can fly so high.

Still working on increasing my confidence with my flying especially over water. Anyone offer any tips on how to overcome the nervousness? I still feel like it will drop out of the sky at any time!

it never goes away if your think about how much Mavic cost
or How much the repairs will cost when you crash.!
To injoy mavic pro you must fly like you don't care only then you will truly injoy flying mavic pro
.....and never fly with less then 30% battery........Cr

it never goes away if your think about how much Mavic cost
or How much the repairs will cost when you crash.!
To injoy mavic pro you must fly like you don't care only then you will truly injoy flying mavic pro
.....and never fly with less then 30% battery........Cr

Yes, enjoy flying.

Reactions: Timster1973
It's called "flyer's vertigo". It goes away with time -- no fast cure for it, just experience.

Interesting calling it “flyers vertigo.” Like the OP, I’m new to Mavic and working on increasing distance and altitude (I’m up to a 1/4 mile and 200 ft). But as I’m flying higher and looking at the view from the camera, I get the same feeling of “vertigo” as I get looking over the edge of a tall structure.

Take your time, take it slow and easy. Build up your confidence. you will know when it's time to turn it loose. Be careful, don't show off. the longest 3 weeks in my life was when I had to send my Mavic in for repairs because I crashed and could fly.

Take your time, take it slow and easy. Build up your confidence. you will know when it's time to turn it loose. Be careful, don't show off. the longest 3 weeks in my life was when I had to send my Mavic in for repairs because I crashed and could fly.

Hope all good now though :)

Just get out there and fly man! You will absolutely love it! I never understand why people have such a fear of flying over water, I mean if it crashes, it crashes. The ground is certainly not going to help it.
Probably the fact that a crash over land and the aircraft can be recovered for refresh/insurance.

Drop it in the sea and your screwed.

Evening all.

sorry, I’m sure many people have posted this before but I’m finding the Mavic Pro so exciting to fly but I’m so nervous at the same time. I’m still finding myself amazed at something so small can fly so high.

Still working on increasing my confidence with my flying especially over water. Anyone offer any tips on how to overcome the nervousness? I still feel like it will drop out of the sky at any time!
Get a hold of your insurance company if you or parents have one . add to home owners policy. Then if anything happens as long as its not pilot error. you get a replacement for free. That will help that fear go away. Im still sticking close by. Im still needing to add it to my issuance . I had a Fly away years ago. so now Im real nervous about it happening again.

Get a hold of your insurance company if you or parents have one . add to home owners policy. Then if anything happens as long as its not pilot error. you get a replacement for free. That will help that fear go away. Im still sticking close by. Im still needing to add it to my issuance . I had a Fly away years ago. so now Im real nervous about it happening again.

I am 44 so I have my own home insurance! Good idea though, I already have it insured as it’s not a high value item. I have 4 mountain bikes that are on the policy as they are classed as high value

Reactions: Callum
In Australia at least, home (or more specifically home contents) insurance will only cover items like the Mavic for theft etc, not while flying.
From what I’ve read here too, people get State Farm etc insurance to cover their Mavic in flight.

I’ve flown and crashed way more expensive models like gas helicopters and gas planes. Fly it like you stole it. You’ll enjoy it more.

I crash everthing i fly it's just what i do
but when I crashed my mavic and it spit out the Gimble/camera That hurt $350 For me to open mavic up and replace it myself

Reactions: wytnyt
Evening all.

Great post m8 we are in the same boat lol [emoji106]

Reactions: Timster1973
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.