DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus problems

JetexJim

Reactions
My Mavic seems to have recently developed problems with maintaining focus.
I can tap on the screen and it will bring the scene into sharp focus but after a few seconds things go blurred again.

I am at loss as to whether this is a hardware problem or what. The fact that it goes init sharp focus when I tap a point on the screen would suggest not.

I am using Litchi 1.19.0. (Waypoint mode) How can I find out what firmware the Mavic is running?

Looking at the latest video I see that it is in focus on the ground at take off. I have arranged it to start recording at take off but all subsequent attempts to refocus in flight, by switching to manual focus or AFC or taping a point on the screen fail. The camera seems hell bent on going back to the focus it took up at the start of the recording.

Last edited:
Reactions: kentfin
I've been having exactly the same problem, even though I'm on all the latest firmware/software versions. I emailed Litchi support and this was their reply:

Hi,

This is a known issue caused by a DJI bug. Try to reset the drone’s camera settings. Avoid triggering focus when drone is moving and/or when you are recording.

Kind Regards,
Litchi

So it seems that although it only happens in Litchi, it's a DJI bug :confused:

As has been suggested in this and other similar threads, the answer is to get the focus right before starting then leave well alone.

I got my 2nd dji drone last week, the mavic pro platinum but no matter what i do the videos are out of focus tbh they are awful? I've watched all the YouTube videos saying how to manual setup camera, i'm using a filter on the lens (its not in focus with or without it so not the filter) calibrated the gimbal with the filter on so that it takes into account the extra weight of the filter on the lens but 1 post on here says remove the filter and calibrate gimbal and then put the filter back on? this makes no sense to me and tbh i doubt it will help the focus issue anyways. Is the mavic pro just a garbage camera? I've done the tap to focus (it doesn't even focus sharply when i do this) Is my drone camera faulty? Please advise

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark