DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode Weak Satellite

I got an iPhone 5C, will give it a try. If it doesn't work, should I contact DJI?

The iPhone 5c isn't supported by DJI as far as I'm aware:

• ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

John

Having read a few posts here the problem is not a weak GPS signal but a bad accuracy level and also the way DJI GO handles this problem. When you are using Litchi the application gives you the level of precision. By default the maximum precision level is set up at 15 m. If your drone indicates 18 m (that was the case for me) the follow me mode stops and when the precision level comes back to 12 m the follow me mode resumes. So with litchi you have simply interruption of the follow me mode but the mode does not stop, it waits for a better accuracy to resume. The problem with DJI GO is that once the accuracy is not good enough the mode stops completely and if it is not good enough from the start follow me will not work at all.

A simple way to fix that on Litchi is to set up a maximum accuracy level higher that your worst level. In may case it was 18 m with a Samsung A5 so if I put 20 m, follow-me will work all the time. Whether a change in Litchi will affect DJI GO is something I need to test it, I have not found any way to modify this accuracy level on DJI GO

Vincent

Still very odd that a brand-new very expensive state of the art iPhone 7 Plus does not have as good accuracy as a five-year-old iPhone 5 or a $65 Acer tablet!!!

Reactions: RAFALE
Just spoke to the support and they told me I should send the mavic for repair...

So I tried with the iPhone 6 and I wasn't able to activate the follow me mode or set home using this device. Should we conclude the issue is related to the Mavic firmware?
I was able to get proper signal with an AT&T iPhone 6 (regular size).

No idea. It's either the network or the iOS which was notably at 9.85

Wow
I used a 6S plus with no problem along with numerous iPad minis and even a acer tablet but my 7+ does not work
What are the iOS releases on the various phones and tabs? I am beginning to think it's an iOS thing.

Last edited:
Mine were all up to date as of use and test.
Then it must be something with the network. Your up to date on all your firmware too? So truly bizarre.

I swear I'm more interested in knowing than solving.

I have a iPhone 7+, Verizon and a few months back my follow me mode worked just fine. I have not tried it in awhile until this past weekend and it would not work. Weak GPS signal kept coming up. I thought that was weird because it worked just fine before. I didn't know it was an issue until I saw this post. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

I have a iPhone 7+, Verizon and a few months back my follow me mode worked just fine. I have not tried it in awhile until this past weekend and it would not work. Weak GPS signal kept coming up. I thought that was weird because it worked just fine before. I didn't know it was an issue until I saw this post. Hopefully they will fix this soon.
Sorry. You could have been blissfully unaware because so far it's been almost 2 months and I won't fly without the ability to set a point at the RC. Ugh.

Don't, they are wrong. It's not the Mavic. (Well not the hardware, I promise).
So, what you're saying is... "It's NOT the transmitter, dummy?"

It must be a bug in the software of the iOS app... because I tested with different devices (iPhone 6, 7, 5c, iPad mini) and had the same issue... My iOS were up to date.

I gave it another try and I was surprised that, for the very first time, I was able to activate the feature. The GPS signal was constantly switching between strong and weak. I was able to activate the function but it did not work (the mavic did not follow me). Also, I wasn't able to set my position as a new home point.

So not sure to understand what's going on...

I gave it another try and I was surprised that, for the very first time, I was able to activate the feature. The GPS signal was constantly switching between strong and weak. I was able to activate the function but it did not work (the mavic did not follow me). Also, I wasn't able to set my position as a new home point.

Wait, so it wasn't working before (setting dynamic home points and "follow me") and now it is?

Can you tell me what changed since then? Did you upgrade the iOS? What version of iOS are you using

As for the "follow me" not working, whatever factor was going into the incorrect "weak signal" is probably a factor.

There are a couple things that can make the "follow me" not work properly. PM if it's off topic to this thread.

At the end of the day, it might be the same forces (whatever it is) that are not giving you that strength to finally use it somewhat but the issue may be making it not work well yet.

Educated guesses.

Thanks for the info!

Did the same for me 3 days ago on my iPhone 7 plus AT&T

Yesterday tried 6s plus att and was able to get to follow- but only for 5 minutes or so- then it disconnected
I was able to set my position as a new home point on the 6S plus but not on the 7+
Did this five different times.

Tried 7+ AT&T many many many times
No joy

Very very disconcerting

I've changed absolutely nothing. Gave it another try yesterday and was able to activate the follow me mode (wasn't able to check if the drone was following me though). Signal was always showing strong. However, couldn't set my position as a new home point "weak signal"....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31