DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode Weak Satellite

Petomaster

Reactions
I have never been able to get Follow Me Mode to engage at my home location < which is the only place I've flown so far >. It complains of weak satellite and won't even get me to an option to select a target.

Active Tracking works just fine as well as point of interest. Just upgraded both bird and controller to latest firmware too. Everything else works PERFECT. Rock solid stable - no connection problems with plenty of GPS signal.
Anyone seeing this?

Thanks

What phone/tablet are you using? For Follow Me to work, your device needs to have GPS.

I have never been able to get Follow Me Mode to engage at my home location < which is the only place I've flown so far >. It complains of weak satellite and won't even get me to an option to select a target.

Active Tracking works just fine as well as point of interest. Just upgraded both bird and controller to latest firmware too. Everything else works PERFECT. Rock solid stable - no connection problems with plenty of GPS signal.
Anyone seeing this?

Thanks
Your smartphone/smart device has crap GPS reception.

Is it the cellular version? iPad Mini non cellular versions don't have GPS in them.

When you say GPS works in all other modes, that's because they don't use the tablet's GPS to operate.
Thanks! That must the the problem. I'll have to try with my iPhone.

I am having the same problem, but I'm using the iPhone 7 plus. I also get a weak signal indication when I make my controller the home point. I have made sure my cellular data is on and working. Any suggestions?

Reactions: KiterTodd
Same here. Try follow me mode with iPhone 7. DJI Go show 18 satellites and strong reception but I turn follow me mode, it says weak GPS.... Active track not working either. I press On the screen to setup a target, press again on GO which appears on screen, nothing, no moves. POI works fine though. Brand ne Mavic, latest firmware, DJI GO up to date.

Anyone seeing this?

Thanks
To use Follow Me the Mavic follows the controller therefore you must have GPS signal i.e. 3G or 4G for example

3G & 4G are phone networks and have nothing to do with GPS....the only requirement is that your phone/tablet has GPS built in.

Thanks, I'm aware of that but the Safeway to be 100% sure the device has GPS capability is if it has 3G/4G it has definitely GPS.

Just another reason that 3G/4G is NEEDED for the GPS, please try it yourself by disabling mobile data and you'll see without them or wifi you won't have ANY GPS I have tried it please try it yourself before giving some misleading info. Thanks

I had mistmach in my remote/aircraft firmware and was using DJI Go, not DJI GO 4. Will re-test today.

Just another reason that 3G/4G is NEEDED for the GPS, please try it yourself by disabling mobile data and you'll see without them or wifi you won't have ANY GPS I have tried it please try it yourself before giving some misleading info. Thanks
The information I gave is not misleading....you do not have to have 3G or 4G to have GPS. With the iPad Mini series, you have to have the cellular version to have GPS, but there are plenty of devices that have GPS built in, such as the Nvidia K1, that don't have access to phone networks. It may well be that turning off mobile data on your device disables GPS, but that is a different matter.

Reactions: windblown
This still doesn't work for me. Trying to use wifi mode, so i can track my run without remote. But it wont go over 80m, because it sets home as take off and not my device. This has to be an app code error. There is gps for homepoint but when I select set home point as device, it says the signal is too weak. That's the only time it ever says the signal is weak.

You're right it must be an app issue, mine does exactly the same.

You're right it must be an app issue, mine does exactly the same.
+1

iPhone 7 with good GPS signal (always shows correct location in Apple Maps) but Follow Me always gives a signal week error. Also, if I try to change RTH home position to "me" (current position of controller) I always get an error message and it will not update the home point.
Would appreciate hearing if anyone using iOS can successfully use either of these functions.

+1

iPhone 7 with good GPS signal (always shows correct location in Apple Maps) but Follow Me always gives a signal week error. Also, if I try to change RTH home position to "me" (current position of controller) I always get an error message and it will not update the home point.
Would appreciate hearing if anyone using iOS can successfully use either of these functions.

This is exactly what I want to do and how i found the issue. In Wi-Fi mode you can only go 80m from home, so obviously you want home to be set as you and not take off location. But always gives the error. No matter where I am or which device I use. Who can we report this to?

This is a screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-26-12.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-22-13-26-12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member