DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me with a remote in the backpack?

AnyaB

Reactions
Months ago, I saw a video of a guy who was flying his drone using the follow me mode. He placed the remote in his backpack, his phone had a special plastic cover that prevented the screen from being touched and accidentally changing the settings. I cannot find this video anywhere, and I need the cover. Do you guys know what it is called and where can I find it? TIA!

make your own with a piece of cardboard if you just want to stop things touching it

Months ago, I saw a video of a guy who was flying his drone using the follow me mode. He placed the remote in his backpack, his phone had a special plastic cover that prevented the screen from being touched and accidentally changing the settings. I cannot find this video anywhere, and I need the cover. Do you guys know what it is called and where can I find it? TIA!
Did you Google iPhone covers and iPad covers - they list may on Amazon

Depending on your phone there may be a setting to stop erroneous taps on the screen. My Note 8 (Android) has the setting under Settings/Display/Accidental Touch Protection

Reactions: AnyaB
Now that I think about it cardboard and a velcro strap to hold it on would work just fine at almost no cost. IMHO

Reactions: AnyaB
Using follow me requires a gps signal to the device that would probably be blocked in a backpack. Believe active track would work better if in full view at all times. Wouldn’t need device gps function for that method.

You should be able to simply turn off the display on the iPhone mounted in the RC in the backpack, while keeping the connection to the RC active. That will prevent any touches from influencing anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowSoonIsNow?