DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forum "Drone police" members are here to help you not hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's going to explain his remark or already would have .
Now we are suppose to police ourselves and others but not to the point of it getting arguminitive .
State your point and move on like the guidelines state .
[QUOTE=". Know one needs a daddy or a parent here. This is NOT a parenting forum!
Sorry but beg to differ or staff would not be needed or these Community Rules
so guess that makes me ya Daddy .

Cool Chicken.gif Naaaaaaaa;)

tenor.gif

Can you explain in what regard this reminds you of the D-K effect?
I was curious - so had to look it up ... For those of you who also want to know what this 'Dunning-Kruger effect' is:
"In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. "
dunning-kruger-effect.pngIn other words, when you don't know much about something, you think you know more than you actually do!

I was curious - so had to look it up ... For those of you who also want to know what this 'Dunning-Kruger effect' is:
"In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. "
View attachment 59629In other words, when you don't know much about something, you think you know more than you actually do!

Yes thats it. This was a funny example:

"Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments". The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks while his face was covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink.

I better go sell all those lemons...

Yes thats it. This was a funny example:

"Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments". The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks while his face was covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink.

I better go sell all those lemons...

That is pretty funny, bless him!
Everyone knows it's orange juice you use! ;)

I don't think he's going to explain his remark or already would have .
Now we are suppose to police ourselves and others but not to the point of it getting arguminitive .
State your point and move on like the guidelines state .

Sorry but beg to differ or staff would not be needed or these Community Rules
so guess that makes me ya Daddy .

View attachment 59424 Naaaaaaaa;)

Wait. My mom told me that Robert Redford was my daddy.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
i think it’s very fair that the individual(s) gets called out, all they are provoking is bad ideas and bad habits. Cough long range leaderboard Cough

I absolutely love the long range leaderboards and think they contain by far some of the best content here! I’m sorry but the drone police are the just another form of not so good content on these forums. Some do have good intentions but 90% are little cry baby armchair warriors that would troll the living daylight out of anything once mummy and daddy have left the house lol.

I absolutely love the long range leaderboards and think they contain by far some of the best content here! I’m sorry but the drone police are the just another form of not so good content on these forums. Some do have good intentions but 90% are little cry baby armchair warriors that would troll the living daylight out of anything once mummy and daddy have left the house lol.

At least you didnt say 100%. lol

There's a part of me that really loves the idea of flying my drone long range out of VLOS. I would love to fly at any altitude, etc., but the reality of it is too bad, there are rules in place that say no, and it's for a good reason. I get that some people have a location to fly outside VLOS safely without putting others at risk. Good for them, but most don't and many are putting others at risk in attempting beyond VLOS flights. And some have made the news (guy that collided with the black hawk helo a year or two ago, in CA I believe).
I'm actually surprised that this forum has a long range leaderboard. It just brings unnecessary negative publicity and encourages risky behavior. I was just watching some youtube news channel (I think that what it was) the other day that was reporting on that idiot that posted a video of himself supposedly DRIVING HIS OWN vehicle on the highway with other cars around WHILE flying his drone to get a range record. In that segment, they talked about such contests that encourage such stupidity, and the leaderboard on THIS forum was shown along with some other sites.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I check in on the long range leaderbord every now and then and they seem to really know what they are doing and everytime I have checked out a map of one of their flights it has been over farmland or desert.

Reactions: Rnl and Point Zero
I check in on the long range leaderbord every now and then and they seem to really know what they are doing and everytime I have checked out a map of one of their flights it has been over farmland or desert.
That's cool. I have seen a few videos beyond VLOS on youtube (one was trying for max range) that put folks and/or their property at risk, particularly on the tail end of the return trip. Super low on battery, flying over people's property in moderately dense neighborhoods. I haven't paid much attention to leaderboards here. I *think* that the individual I'm talking about in the post above may even be a member here, not sure though. I'd have to go back and check.

There's a part of me that really loves the idea of flying my drone long range out of VLOS. I would love to fly at any altitude, etc., but the reality of it is too bad, there are rules in place that say no, and it's for a good reason. I get that some people have a location to fly outside VLOS safely without putting others at risk. Good for them, but most don't and many are putting others at risk in attempting beyond VLOS flights. And some have made the news (guy that collided with the black hawk helo a year or two ago, in CA I believe).
I'm actually surprised that this forum has a long range leaderboard. It just brings unnecessary negative publicity and encourages risky behavior. I was just watching some youtube news channel (I think that what it was) the other day that was reporting on that idiot that posted a video of himself supposedly DRIVING HIS OWN vehicle on the highway with other cars around WHILE flying his drone to get a range record. In that segment, they talked about such contests that encourage such stupidity, and the leaderboard on THIS forum was shown along with some other sites.
I get what you are saying but I disagree dude. These guys are great pilots and they choose to explore and test their hobby in many ways and in doing so they expand the hobby through both their failures and successes. What I just don't get is how the drone police react. With everything that's going on in the world today they choose to bark endlessly at something so statistically safe that it just doesn't merit in the slightest their ridiculous over reactions and panicked state lol. Usually it just makes me laugh and I end up hoping that their mummies and daddies get home soon and make them a nice cup of warm milk to calm them down before bedtime. I've never seen a video of a pilot driving a car and flying a drone and if i did I would wonder deeply about the law enforcement in the area in question. I mean what other evidence do they need for a guaranteed conviction for dangerous driving? That has nothing to do with the long range leaderboards imo.

The member he spoke of driving and flying was till the other day a member here but is gone now.
Now let's not let this thread just get stuck on the leaderboard threads .
Thanks

Reactions: Former Member
I get what you are saying but I disagree dude. These guys are great pilots and they choose to explore and test their hobby in many ways and in doing so they expand the hobby through both their failures and successes. What I just don't get is how the drone police react. With everything that's going on in the world today they choose to bark endlessly at something so statistically safe that it just doesn't merit in the slightest their ridiculous over reactions and panicked state lol. Usually it just makes me laugh and I end up hoping that their mummies and daddies get home soon and make them a nice cup of warm milk to calm them down before bedtime. I've never seen a video of a pilot driving a car and flying a drone and if i did I would wonder deeply about the law enforcement in the area in question. I mean what other evidence do they need for a guaranteed conviction for dangerous driving? That has nothing to do with the long range leaderboards imo.

Its really not fair to paint every "drone police" member with the same brush. Not all drone police are "overreacting," they just might feel that a video or statement from someone who is doing something dangerous or illegal is not a good thing for a newbie to view and try.

Cpl Thunderdrones
Drone Police

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Its really not fair to paint every "drone police" member with the same brush. Not all drone police are "overreacting," they just might feel that a video or statement from someone is not a good thing for a newbie to view and try.

Cpl Thunderdrones
Drone Police

Sorry @Thunderdrones You are right and I did not mean to tar all of the drone police with the same brush. I just get sidetracked when having to deal with people throwing in the worst examples to be found from the whole planet just to make a point. Again sorry for causing the good ones any offence.
Pz

Its really not fair to paint every "drone police" member with the same brush. Not all drone police are "overreacting," they just might feel that a video or statement from someone is not a good thing for a newbie to view and try.

Cpl Thunderdrones
Drone Police

To add to this, we simply don't want the bad publicity associated with dangerous flying. The media are on the lookout for any excuse they can get to tighten drone rules/laws. In my opinion, the laws are sufficient enough. So if you plan on breaking these drone rules/laws it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

Thumbswayup

Sorry @Thunderdrones You are right and I did not mean to tar all of the drone police with the same brush. I just get sidetracked when having to deal with people throwing in the worst examples to be found from the whole planet just to make a point. Again sorry for causing the good ones any offence.
Pz

I agree with you. I think there are an equal if not greater number of experienced pilots who watch these crazy dangerous videos and statements, who just shake their heads, and move on to the next post, and dont say a word.

To add to this, we simply don't want the bad publicity associated with dangerous flying. The media are on the lookout for any excuse they can get to tighten drone rules/laws. In my opinion, the laws are sufficient enough. So if you plan on breaking these drone rules/laws it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

Thumbswayup
I considered myself I guess a drone police in regards to this thread. Because I love this hobby, if I see someone's YouTube video violating drone rules regarding reckless behavior. I will report it immediately. Some people fly recklessly because it looks cool or looks better but whatever the outcome. It's illegal and they will get in trouble.

I considered myself I guess a drone police in regards to this thread. Because I love this hobby, if I see someone's YouTube video violating drone rules regarding reckless behavior. I will report it immediately. Some people fly recklessly because it looks cool or looks better but whatever the outcome. It's illegal and they will get in trouble.

They get us all in trouble. Unfortunately, we all get tarred with the same brush.

Reactions: macoman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail