DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error

Each case is of course different, but I had that error three times, and each time all I had to do was move the drone to a different spot or change the direction in which it is pointing so that it wasn't "seeing" anything on the ground as it was firing up. I clipped that info, though, just in case!

Problem Solved!! Thanks Dragonfly1!! My brother just got a new Mavic Pro and started it up without fully scanning the device for the all the protective coverings that DJI places on its sensors. After he shut it off following his first simulator session, I noticed the coverings were still on the forward sensors and removed them for him. Once he restarted it, he immediately began receiving "Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Errors" and the drone became inoperable. So we recalibrated the sensors via DJI Assistant 2. When he restarted it, the Mavic started throwing the same errors. He started to really get pissed, acting like the world was gonna end, and got on the phone to call DJI. I figured their was a rational or maybe even simple fix, so I got on this forum and saw Dragonfly1's solution and before my brother could even get someone on the phone from DJI I had his Mavic flying without any flaws. I realized that we had the drone sitting on our hard wood floors, facing the same direction, and in low lighting the entire time. I took his Mavic outside, placed it on concrete facing a different direction, and it immediately worked. Sometimes the simple solutions make all the difference in the world.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86