DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Video from Event Comparing “Old Mavic” to Platinum

Here is a YouTube video taken at launch event comparing the present Mavic to the Platinum. Not the greatest comparison because of indoor environment but it’s something.

The RPM is definitely lower on the new one. You can hear the pitch difference.

Sounds like the higher frequencies are significantly quieter. I guess they are the most annoying frequencies, so that's good. If this is true, the difference will actually be a lot more than I was expecting. But as one of the commenters in the video said, the real test will be the Mavic Pro with the new props.

I with I thought the MP was wildly too loud ... that way at least I'd be somewhat impressed with the Plat kit. Perhaps I'm in the minority but I'm not lining up to buy the new prop's either.

Noise and efficiency are related. My educated guess is the extra 3 minutes is more from the increased prop efficiency and not as much the new ESC design.

Again time will tell and the $20 for new props is certainly worth the reduced high tone noise and experiment. Overall though, didn't sound too different until you pointed out the tonal differences.

I found another Mavic Pro Platinum Gideon from the launch. This one is off the Platinum alone. The MVPP definitely lose the the high pitch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial