DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front LED lights?

I generally leave the LEDs on, don't think they draw too much power. When I am flying at night I flip the switch that turns them off when snapping a pic/recording so the red tinge doesn't show up in my content.

Quick question. If I were to buy a higher quality stand alone led, could I replace the crappy ones we have on the mavic?

I generally leave the LEDs on, don't think they draw too much power. When I am flying at night I flip the switch that turns them off when snapping a pic/recording so the red tinge doesn't show up in my content.
We are not referring to the built in LED's but to add on super bright ones for the landing legs, I also leave the OEM one turned on, and there is an option to automatically turn them off during a photo or movie. The add-on leds don't seem to show up but I haven't used them at night yet.

These are Cree lights and VERY bright, usb charging, and last thru 4 batteries, I have the red, green, and white in the standard A/C nav configuration.
StrobOn LED Lights
Okay, that's quite cool, and it got me thinking about what I could do with an ESP8266 microcontroller running Arduino or Espruino, some WS2812B addressable 5050 RGB LEDs, and a 100mAh battery. Total parts cost in small quantities, about $12.

I'm thinking the M/C, 4 LEDs (2x2 from a strip), and a small bit of programming. The ESP8266 has wifi built in, and can run a web server, so the LEDs and their blinking behavior could be configured from a phone app.

This is, actually, a really easy project, so I'm going to do it. Back tomorrow with a new thread, and the beginnings of getting the project under way.

These are Cree lights and VERY bright, usb charging, and last thru 4 batteries, I have the red, green, and white in the standard A/C nav configuration.
StrobOn LED Lights

Note* I also bought a micro USB pigtail with 3 plugs so I can charge all three lights from one usb port, speeds things up. After 4 full flights the strobes recharge in about 1 hour. You can recharge in the field with a usb adapter from a used Mavic battery.
Do you have a link or remember the brand of the USB pigtail w/ 3 plugs? TIA!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d