DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FStop Labs Sun Shade

So in your professional opinion, the 3D printed version offers better protection compared to the molded version?

They are about the same, both will be stronger and more "springy. We have not crashed the hoods yet, though we expect the 3d ones to crack and absorb the energy in a crash vs the molded ones will will deform during a crash.

They are about the same, both will be stronger and more "springy. We have not crashed the hoods yet, though we expect the 3d ones to crack and absorb the energy in a crash vs the molded ones will will deform during a crash.
When do you plan on catching up with the back orders? Waiting on a shipment notification, ordered Jan 2nd.

When do you plan on catching up with the back orders? Waiting on a shipment notification, ordered Jan 2nd.
Can you PM us your order number, we are currently shipping but have not updated all the tracking info yet. Sorry for the delay!

Can you PM us your order number, we are currently shipping but have not updated all the tracking info yet. Sorry for the delay!

Glad to hear that the molded version is starting to ship. I find it odd that so many people are expecting this to be a crash shield as opposed to the glare shield it's designed and sold to be. If the product looks as good as the snapshots provided, sign me up. :)

If I order now, when can I expect delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Glad to hear that the molded version is starting to ship. I find it odd that so many people are expecting this to be a crash shield as opposed to the glare shield it's designed and sold to be. If the product looks as good as the snapshots provided, sign me up. :)

If I order now, when can I expect delivery?

It would be around 1 week, we are also getting into Amazon Prime for those with prime memberships :) 2 day shipping soon!

Reactions: jasoraso
n-pmgxQH

I like the original 3D version. It seems stronger and lighter than the clear dome, though I'm not going to crash test it for you. I have not had any issues of the sun shade getting in the frame.

I've had one on order for a couple of weeks. After seeing the pictures of the molded version in an earlier thread, I can't wait to get it. It looks amazing! Probably the nicest, most professional looking accessory I've seen for the Mavic yet.

Reactions: jamiemink
This is currently unavailable on Amazon. Is there anywhere else we can order these from? Or when will they be available again on Amazon??

Absolutely excellent analysis. The side by side or top and bottom shots showing essentially the exact same video with and without the hood were incredible. How you did that, I'm not quite sure, but I definitely got a lot out of it.

Mine is on the way, but I feel like I have a much better understanding of what to expect when using it now.

Reactions: Liveddica
I received my FStop Lab sun Shade today. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet, but the quality is hands down rock solid. Fits like a glove on the Mavic, super snug. So far I'm very impressed. Nice work FStop team!

Received couple days ago it really isn't needed my only interest was to provide maybe little bit of protection to the gimbal in the unlikely event of a crash however I've noticed at high-altitude in heavy wind my wonderful sunshield ends up in the video don't think I'm gonna be using it too much now!

Received couple days ago it really isn't needed my only interest was to provide maybe little bit of protection to the gimbal in the unlikely event of a crash however I've noticed at high-altitude in heavy wind my wonderful sunshield ends up in the video don't think I'm gonna be using it too much now!

Hi!

Thank you for your feedback, we had to make some tradeoffs between the amount of shade it provided and also the the viewing angle - we are working on a different one to offer more shade as well as protect the gimbal!

I received my a few days ago and was pretty disappointed. However I talked to f/stop about my concerns and they art redesigning a new one ( no release date yet) that looks like a much better design. I believe in these guys and think the new design will take care of some of these issues. Keep you posted.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard