DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FStop Labs Sun Shade

jamiemink

Reactions
There's not much info on the web regarding the satisfaction with the FStop Labs Sun Shade. I realize there are videos to make your own, this one looks professional from their Amazon advert. Anyone have experience with it?

708fb080db1ee9be14b50e869c4a82ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Guys, is this really necessary?, in your experience how may times have you had lens glare showing into your footage?

Colibrí Fly Safe

I ordered their 3D version, that uses the Nylon composite. The Modeled one I am sure will be extremely brittle like the stock clear one

Reactions: jamiemink
Hi!

We are starting to ship! Apologies for the delay! Attached a few images of the molded ones mounted. The texture is similar to canon/nikon cameras.

Attachments

• 2017-031-23 (2).jpg
    2017-031-23 (2).jpg
    220 KB · Views: 294
  • 2017-031-23.jpg
    2017-031-23.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 20127-01-23.jpg
    20127-01-23.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 2017-01-23.jpg
    2017-01-23.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 2017-3041-23.jpg
    2017-3041-23.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 329
Hi!

We are starting to ship! Apologies for the delay! Attached a few images of the molded ones mounted. The texture is similar to canon/nikon cameras.

Any ideas which is stronger and likely to provide more protection in some crash situations, your 3D printed vs. your molded vs. my stock modified cover (which feels very fragile after its been dremeled open)? @fstop.labs

I'd really like to know if this version will/will not be seen while recording or taking stills from Mavic's camera, especially while recording while panning 360. o_OThumbswayup

I'd really like to know if this version will/will not be seen while recording or taking stills from Mavic's camera, especially while recording while panning 360. o_OThumbswayup
it was one of the questions on the Amazon page:

Question:
Will this device block the camera gimbal from panning shots since the sides are blacked out?"
Answer:
If you use sports mode and turn quickly, the sides will come into view.

Question:
under normal filming conditions (flying slow and smooth) is it visible when panning the camera to the edge. Right, Left, Up or Down?
Answer:
Under normal conditions, slow and steady you will not see the lens hood. Under aggressive flying, you WILL see it.

it was one of the questions on the Amazon page:

Question:
Will this device block the camera gimbal from panning shots since the sides are blacked out?"
Answer:
If you use sports mode and turn quickly, the sides will come into view.

Question:
under normal filming conditions (flying slow and smooth) is it visible when panning the camera to the edge. Right, Left, Up or Down?
Answer:
Under normal conditions, slow and steady you will not see the lens hood. Under aggressive flying, you WILL see it.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, I was hoping for video of this one in actual use. I'd really like to get an idea of the kind of video/panning/360 turns I could get without seeing the hood. My normal vs aggressive flying may be different from what others deem as normal/aggressive.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, I was hoping for video of this one in actual use. I'd really like to get an idea of the kind of video/panning/360 turns I could get without seeing the hood. My normal vs aggressive flying may be different from what others deem as normal/aggressive.
It just started shipping yesterday, give a few pilots time to get theirs and I am sure video will be posted. I ordered mine Jan 2nd so hopefully it is in the first batch to go out.

Any ideas which is stronger and likely to provide more protection in some crash situations, your 3D printed vs. your molded vs. my stock modified cover (which feels very fragile after its been dremeled open)? @fstop.labs

It will be slightly stronger, its more "springy" compared to the default DJI one.

It will be slightly stronger, its more "springy" compared to the default DJI one.
Are you referring to the 3D printed or molded version? I received the 3D printed version last week and it does feel a bit flimsy. I primarily purchased it as a way of protecting the camera & gimbal in the event of a crash. The sun glare reduction is just an added plus.

Are you referring to the 3D printed or molded version? I received the 3D printed version last week and it does feel a bit flimsy. I primarily purchased it as a way of protecting the camera & gimbal in the event of a crash. The sun glare reduction is just an added plus.
3d version. We just shipped the last of the 3d versions - only molded now :)

3d version. We just shipped the last of the 3d versions - only molded now :)
So in your professional opinion, the 3D printed version offers better protection compared to the molded version?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi