DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S3

KP2017

Reactions
I'm looking at getting the Tab S3 - it looks to be the best tablet for the money, but I'd like to confirm it will work with my Mavic Pro and the apps ... Dji Go 4, Litchi, FPV... Can anyone confirm that? thanks!

I'm looking at getting the Tab S3 - it looks to be the best tablet for the money, but I'd like to confirm it will work with my Mavic Pro and the apps ... Dji Go 4, Litchi, FPV... Can anyone confirm that? thanks!
"Best tablet for the money" OMG, they're $599 at BestBuy for a 32gig. You can get an iPad Mini 4 for $299 128gig and not have to worry about the any Android OS issues.

I purchased a Galaxy Tab S2 because it fit perfectly in the controller, however it took a lot of trouble shooting to get it to work. The S2 must always be the last thing to be turned on so it can connect. It has been working for me fien so far. That being said, I came across a new tablet holder by Dirty J Designs Mavic that would hold a 9 - 10" tablet so I thought I would get the Tab S3 and have a bigger screen etc. The holder works great by the way!!! Now that I have spent 10 days with the S3, I am considering returning it because it has been nothing but trouble. The DJI App will shut off during flight (RC not losing connection just the tablet) almost every time I fly so that is a big bust for me. I love the big bright screen but the problems are too great for my comfort.

Perhaps someone out there has a fix?

Hope this helps!

I purchased a Galaxy Tab S2 because it fit perfectly in the controller, however it took a lot of trouble shooting to get it to work. The S2 must always be the last thing to be turned on so it can connect. It has been working for me fien so far. That being said, I came across a new tablet holder by Dirty J Designs Mavic that would hold a 9 - 10" tablet so I thought I would get the Tab S3 and have a bigger screen etc. The holder works great by the way!!! Now that I have spent 10 days with the S3, I am considering returning it because it has been nothing but trouble. The DJI App will shut off during flight (RC not losing connection just the tablet) almost every time I fly so that is a big bust for me. I love the big bright screen but the problems are too great for my comfort.

Perhaps someone out there has a fix?

Hope this helps!
Hmmm... I have a Galaxy Tab S2 (Wi-Fi only) and I never experience this problem. Do you close all background apps before using DJI Go? I close all apps and put the tablet in airplane mode before flying. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you haven't already.

Hmmm... I have a Galaxy Tab S2 (Wi-Fi only) and I never experience this problem. Do you close all background apps before using DJI Go? I close all apps and put the tablet in airplane mode before flying. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you haven't already.
Do you have the t710 model? That works fine. The t713 has the problem as described. I have both.

I'm not having an issue with the Tab S2, I have an issue with the Tab S3. I close all apps put in airplane mode and reboot. Just never seems to work consistently . Generally the Go app would just close down and I need to reopen the app again to get it going.

I have a Samsung Tab S3 for several years. And I have recently purchased a Mavic Air 2 and have been relegated to using the Samsung S8 for viewing. I have ordered and returned two (2) supposedly great holders for the Tab S2. Junk... Plastic and has to almost damage one that just barely fit. So my question is... IS anyone out there currently using the Tab S3 with their Mav Air 2 and please let me have a link to the S3 holder you are using.

Thanks a bunch
Yes I'm the old guy and the pic is recent and I still love to fly something all the time.

I have the S3 which I bought for my M2Z but also used with the MM1. Before the S3 I had the E which never worked right, even with the P3A.

I get app crashes sometimes but to me that's par for the course. My HTC 8 and 10 also had app crashes.

I know they work. Question --

HOW DO YOU MOUNT THE LARGER TAB S3 TO THE MA2??

Didn't want to shout, but EVERY reply just says it will work and I Already Know That as I've used it on 3 Prior DJI Drones already.

I know they work. Question --

HOW DO YOU MOUNT THE LARGER TAB S3 TO THE MA2??

Didn't want to shout, but EVERY reply just says it will work and I Already Know That as I've used it on 3 Prior DJI Drones already.
Easy there :p You Georgia boys are getting jumpy over there with the "Corona" ;) Simply google "Mavic air 2 tablet mount" or head over to Ebay or Amazon and search the same...Then your only problem is picking color or material. :) MY vote is PGYTECH, love their stuff. You can also buy clip/print Clip extenders for the stock holder something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...8e5eb702ebe162577dc08b0df&language=en_US&th=1

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78