DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GetterBack Mounting

Reactions
My apologies if this has been covered already but I received my GetterBack today and I'm wondering what clever ways people may have found to mount one of these. I see it simply strapped to an arm in some pictures and videos, but that puts it so close to the props. I fly in water less than 100 feet deep and there are lots of boats that could help with a "rescue", so I figure it is better than nothing to have one of these.

Unless you have landing gear extenders installed, your best bet will probably be the front arms.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's not my photo. I'm just showing a good location to install it.

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Is there any reason you have two attached?
I just bought 2 my thinking was a little more balanced not fighting different drag from one side to another. Also planning on mounting behind the arms instead of below and facing float towards the body. I think less likely to get tangled in the prop. Apparently they do not always release another reason for 2.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Mine arrived today from America, I also bought two.

Any advances on mounting locations or are the front arms still the best bet?

Unless you have extended landing gear installed, your Mavic is not going to be as stable on the ground if you attempt to mount them to the rear arms.

Yeah I'm still liking the first pic you posted for a mounting location Thumbswayup

Don't like the close proximity to the blades when mounted horizontally on the arms. I mount mine as shown. No danger of it swinging around into the blades. Just make sure it's not too close to the nearest downward facing sensor.

Attachments

• IMG_6469[1].JPG
    IMG_6469[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 234
Nope Ping^Spike. No "camera" there.

Yeah, there is mate, it forms part of the VPS?

DJI-Mavic-pro-first-hands-on_metal-underside-landing-gear.jpg

Reactions: spybaz and ToddR
I've bought two but not used yet, was thinking of the two front arms. Seems the most logical place.

Hey @The Angry Prepper it's more of a floating recovery line - check out Home

So no matter what I try, I cannot get the Getterback to stay securely mounted on any of the legs, the slightest movement and it wobbles like mad. I don't trust it.

I've just found a dedicated Mavic Pro / Getterback bracket on thingiverse and I'm having it printed in ABS plastic by a local firm as I type. Will reply back next week when it arrives!

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Hey @The Angry Prepper it's more of a floating recovery line - check out Home

So no matter what I try, I cannot get the Getterback to stay securely mounted on any of the legs, the slightest movement and it wobbles like mad. I don't trust it.

I've just found a dedicated Mavic Pro / Getterback bracket on thingiverse and I'm having it printed in ABS plastic by a local firm as I type. Will reply back next week when it arrives!
Look forward to seeing this.

I used a getter back on a phantom. One flight, it deployed mid air, instantly tangling a prop and instant fall from the sky.

My theory is I didn't notice a small impact pushing the two pieces apart, during transport, but since then I decided never to use one again, and I insured with state farm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki