DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Parts for Mavic pro

douglas9630

Reactions
hello everyone, kinda new to this drone stuff, i brought a mavic pro last week for kinda cheap although it has two issues:
1.the screws on the exterior arent right, as there are mixed up, so was wondering if someone can guide me into finding a screw kit or if the mavic air screws are the same or not.
2. one of the front vision sensors is malfunctioning as it isnt displaying anything, so is it trustworthy ordering the part from aliexpress or even ebay?

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

Can you return it? You can try repairing it if you are electronically minded.

You should be able to find suitable screws at ACE hardware for a fraction of the cost from DJI. I expect them to be SS. Tech ain't me forte but I'd beware of anything bought from either of those sources, you'd be amazed at what is counterfeited out there and they do a good job on everything except the quality of merchandise.

You should be able to find suitable screws at ACE hardware for a fraction of the cost from DJI. I expect them to be SS. Tech ain't me forte but I'd beware of anything bought from either of those sources, you'd be amazed at what is counterfeited out there and they do a good job on everything except the quality of merchandise.
well it was kinda cheap for the price (200 USD range) i just finished opening it and the ribbon from one of the cameras is ripped off. there also some interesting finds inside, some of the screw holes are cracked, although they tried to fixit with melted rubber, although also applied some to the soldered cables so that they didnt snap. i came with two batteries, one is inflating and the other dosent seem to work, it had some corrosion on it but dont know what else to do with it.

do you have the reference that ACE uses for a 5mm 1.5 hex screw, i would just show me grills .

Last edited:
well it was kinda cheap for the price (200 USD range) i just finished opening it and the ribbon from one of the cameras is ripped off. there also some interesting finds inside, some of the screw holes are cracked, although they tried to fixit with melted rubber, although also applied some to the soldered cables so that they didnt snap. i came with two batteries, one is inflating and the other dosent seem to work, it had some corrosion on it but dont know what else to do with it.

do you have the reference that ACE uses for a 5mm 1.5 hex screw, i would just show me grills .
No, I just go in there with a sample of the screws I'm looking for or the item I'm looking for the screws for. It sure sounds like someone's been tinkering under the hood on that drone.

Ace Hardware may not have the exact screws. If you do a Google search for
”Mavic Pro screw set”, the page will provide several sources.
I may have some that I could send if you have pictures and or dimensions.

hello everyone, kinda new to this drone stuff, i brought a mavic pro last week for kinda cheap although it has two issues:
1.the screws on the exterior arent right, as there are mixed up, so was wondering if someone can guide me into finding a screw kit or if the mavic air screws are the same or not.
2. one of the front vision sensors is malfunctioning as it isnt displaying anything, so is it trustworthy ordering the part from aliexpress or even ebay?
If all else fails,contact Thunderdrones Duluth Georgia.

Sounds like it's had a tough life, and poor attempts to self repair.
The corrosion sounds worrying too, might have gone for a swim, or even just a long life in the tropics with humidity and flying in some rain ?
Batteries are probably well past their life by the sounds too, be REALLY careful handling that swollen one, google what can happen to older batteries breaking down and lipo runaway fire.

I think it sounds a bit far gone to really get it in tip top shape again, at least affordably / viably.
Apparently, you can buy a whole new M1P Mavic Pro flymore kit here in OZ for just AU$300 (about US$201 !!) . . .

New pilot from Australia

If you can afford it and get it through the DJI Australia store, maybe get one and keep the one you have for spares ??
You might have to email them, as I haven't seen such a special offered on their site.

Sounds like it's had a tough life, and poor attempts to self repair.
The corrosion sounds worrying too, might have gone for a swim, or even just a long life in the tropics with humidity and flying in some rain ?
Batteries are probably well past their life by the sounds too, be REALLY careful handling that swollen one, google what can happen to older batteries breaking down and lipo runaway fire.

I think it sounds a bit far gone to really get it in tip top shape again, at least affordably / viably.
Apparently, you can buy a whole new M1P Mavic Pro flymore kit here in OZ for just AU$300 (about US$201 !!) . . .

New pilot from Australia

If you can afford it and get it through the DJI Australia store, maybe get one and keep the one you have for spares ??
You might have to email them, as I haven't seen such a special offered on their site.
wow, that sounds like a steal actually, if you want to get the same kit here on amazon its 900ish USD. i brought a battery,front vision sensor system,propellers and a universal screw kit from aliexpress, kinda what my doubts on the quality of the propellers and the battery however

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_