DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Australia

badcooky

Reactions
Wrote an essay about my drone experience and stuff but it disappeared so .
Hello from Straylia .

Just bought an ex demo Mavic Pro(300AUD or about$200 USD) cheap as chips from the Australian DJI store to use till I know what I want for my main drone when I buy new . I'll probably just fly this thing till I kill it or it says enough.
Next will probably be a Mini Pro 3/4 or whatever is next thing in the 250G class.
I have flown a mates Phantom years ago not sure what model and a Phantom 4 Pro V2 a week or 2 ago that a guy was selling and we went thru 2 batteries doing that , it was quite fun.
I do fly RC Heli's currently but you can never really relax with a heli but these things seem way cool and relaxed.
Anyways that's a little bit about me .

Cheers .

Shoot I forgot , I have a 3D printer and have downloaded a few STL's of Controller hoods and tablet holders W/hoods and stuff like that . If anyone has a super cool STL's or similar or knows what does/doesn't work please set me up .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrote an essay about my drone experience and stuff but it disappeared

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

To avoid the issues you experienced with the disappearing "essay," I always type up my responses in Microsoft Word (my Word Processor); besides checking my spelling and grammar, I can easily edit and move the text around. In fact this is being typed up right now in Word and when I am finished I will copy it and paste it into my reply to you. If everything works right and it gets posted, I will then just delete what I wrote in Word.

I hope you find your experiences on our web site worth the effort to be here.

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world

Welcome to the forum, BadCooky, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

You'll love the flexibility of vantage points an aerial camera platform affords--you'll get shots and videos you could only dream of before! I

Our more than 150,000 members worldwide enjoy helping each other get the most out of our hobby. Many of the questions you'll have will have already been addressed, and are easy to search. New questions? Just ask!

Glad to have you with us!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Attachments

• 1679412462188.gif
    1679412462188.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
Hello from the Crossroads of America badcooky

Nice flight history.

I've flown the Spark and now the MA2.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers and THX everyone , what a great community !
The essay came back somehow , it was the "Bought an ex Demo Mavic Pro bit" , maybe it was me that messed up as I'm gumby AF folks .
Group reply is easier so thank you very much and appreciate the hospitality
If you're ever coming to OZ look me up and I'll hook you up .
I've been Bow Hunting bunnies at night up here with a bump hat and an NVG monocle set up (no torches) and it's a hoot folks it's awesome .
I hit about 1 in 3 shots but it's such a hoot I don't care. The Mavic Pro I have has a set of lights coming to spot for me so yea I will try to run an infra red on it's mounts .
It's all good folks.
Cheers .

I hit about 1 in 3 shots but it's such a hoot I don't care. The Mavic Pro I have has a set of lights coming to spot for me so yea I will try to run an infra red on it's mounts .
I'll put it right out there, I am not impressed with anyone hunting at night with lights and bragging that their "Hit" ratio is only 1 in 3. And with the reference to it being a "hoot" tells a lot about you as a "sportsman" or Not… I know rabbits are classified as a "plague" and the government encourages getting rid of them, but you seem to take too much pleasure in it, "Hoot" huh?

And your reverences to flying your drone with lights and with Infra red probably means you are flying at night which is not legal in Australia and if you are caught the fine is very still and can cost you over $13,000 AUS.

Here is the link to the Australian Drone laws… This link also contains instruction on how to contact the authorities if you someone sees you violating the Drone Laws…

wabbit.gif

I hunt bow hunt at night yes , was it the bump hat and NVG that tipped you off lol. I bow hunt sometimes with the local copper on my cane farm so yea I think we're good.
He wants to fly the drone for me so yea , what are ya gonna do lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
bow hunt sometimes with the local copper on my cane farm so yea I think we're good.
So, what you are saying is since the local "copper" is breaking the law (not my idea, that is your law…), then it must be OK…

Well, all I can say is, "Tie me kangaroo down, sport, Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl, Play your didgeridoo, Blue, Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred, and don't walk in the Kangaroos Doo, Fool…"

And then you might show your "copper" friend this article, he ain't above the law and this type of "scofflaw behavior" is why the Australian Drone Laws are becoming more and more restrictive.

Fly Safe…

Wrote an essay about my drone experience and stuff but it disappeared so .
Hello from Straylia .

Just bought an ex demo Mavic Pro(300AUD or about$200 USD) cheap as chips from the Australian DJI store to use till I know what I want for my main drone when I buy new . I'll probably just fly this thing till I kill it or it says enough.
Next will probably be a Mini Pro 3/4 or whatever is next thing in the 250G class.
I have flown a mates Phantom years ago not sure what model and a Phantom 4 Pro V2 a week or 2 ago that a guy was selling and we went thru 2 batteries doing that , it was quite fun.
I do fly RC Heli's currently but you can never really relax with a heli but these things seem way cool and relaxed.
Anyways that's a little bit about me .

Cheers .

Shoot I forgot , I have a 3D printer and have downloaded a few STL's of Controller hoods and tablet holders W/hoods and stuff like that . If anyone has a super cool STL's or similar or knows what does/doesn't work please set me up .
Wow, that is cheap as chips .... what controller did it come with? never seen one before under about a grand ...

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo