DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Australia

Wow, that is cheap as chips .... what controller did it come with? never seen one before under about a grand ...
It came with the stock Mavic Pro controller GL200A the internet tells me .The fly more is $500 AUD .
Cheers .

So, what you are saying is since the local "copper" is breaking the law (not my idea, that is your law…), then it must be OK…

Well, all I can say is, "Tie me kangaroo down, sport, Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl, Play your didgeridoo, Blue, Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred, and don't walk in the Kangaroos Doo, Fool…"

And then you might show your "copper" friend this article, he ain't above the law and this type of "scofflaw behavior" is why the Australian Drone Laws are becoming more and more restrictive.

Fly Safe…
WTF has 6 officers charged with theft got to do with a local copper in a remote district flying my drone at night !
Somebody give Billabong FFS !

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Wrote an essay about my drone experience and stuff but it disappeared so .
Hello from Straylia .

Just bought an ex demo Mavic Pro(300AUD or about$200 USD) cheap as chips from the Australian DJI store to use till I know what I want for my main drone when I buy new . I'll probably just fly this thing till I kill it or it says enough.
Next will probably be a Mini Pro 3/4 or whatever is next thing in the 250G class.
I have flown a mates Phantom years ago not sure what model and a Phantom 4 Pro V2 a week or 2 ago that a guy was selling and we went thru 2 batteries doing that , it was quite fun.
I do fly RC Heli's currently but you can never really relax with a heli but these things seem way cool and relaxed.
Anyways that's a little bit about me .

Cheers .

Shoot I forgot , I have a 3D printer and have downloaded a few STL's of Controller hoods and tablet holders W/hoods and stuff like that . If anyone has a super cool STL's or similar or knows what does/doesn't work please set me up .
Welcome from South Australia's Lower Eyre Peninsula badcooky - Are you really that bad? - Attached a Picture of the wearable controller I made for my own needs, from mainly scrap stuff in my workshop - Pm me for more details if interested.

Attachments

• DSCN3395.JPG
    DSCN3395.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4
Welcome from South Australia's Lower Eyre Peninsula badcooky - Are you really that bad? - Attached a Picture of the wearable controller I made for my own needs, from mainly scrap stuff in my workshop - Pm me for more details if interested.
Yea why not , that looks light and easy to handle able to take a knock too by the looks .lol
No I have 3D printers and I make and sell RC Scale tanks and ships in my spare time dude.
So yea for me 3D printing is easier than building a rig like yours.
a1a78c_cbbce3d005d84335ab463c8dba85d6f8~mv2.png

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20220806_155632 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220806_155632 (1).jpg
    356 KB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail_IMG_20220222_150235.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220222_150235.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
a local copper in a remote district flying my drone at night
Oh I am sorry, I thought that, "you might show your "copper" friend this article, he ain't above the law" was pretty straight forward. Those Police Officers in the article also thought they were above the law and now they are going to jail.

You said that with a "local copper on my cane farm so yea I think we're good." So you and your copper friend will fly a Drone at night in violation of Australian Law and you "think we're good" so WTF back at you…

Wrote an essay about my drone experience and stuff but it disappeared so .
Hello from Straylia .

Just bought an ex demo Mavic Pro(300AUD or about$200 USD) cheap as chips from the Australian DJI store to use till I know what I want for my main drone when I buy new . I'll probably just fly this thing till I kill it or it says enough.
Next will probably be a Mini Pro 3/4 or whatever is next thing in the 250G class.
I have flown a mates Phantom years ago not sure what model and a Phantom 4 Pro V2 a week or 2 ago that a guy was selling and we went thru 2 batteries doing that , it was quite fun.
I do fly RC Heli's currently but you can never really relax with a heli but these things seem way cool and relaxed.
Anyways that's a little bit about me .

Cheers .

Shoot I forgot , I have a 3D printer and have downloaded a few STL's of Controller hoods and tablet holders W/hoods and stuff like that . If anyone has a super cool STL's or similar or knows what does/doesn't work please set me up .
I recently upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC ... they are available in Australia around the $1200 with the DJI RC ...that controller is really really good, as far as I am concerned ... well worth the xtra cost ...

Oh I am sorry, I thought that, "you might show your "copper" friend this article, he ain't above the law" was pretty straight forward. Those Police Officers in the article also thought they were above the law and now they are going to jail.

You said that with a "local copper on my cane farm so yea I think we're good." So you and your copper friend will fly a Drone at night in violation of Australian Law and you "think we're good" so WTF back at you…
You sound like a really good citizen, who never speeds, or breaks any laws. I guess we need to be careful you don't dob us in .... ok, now we will hear about us endangering lives with our sub 250 gm drones ....

Reactions: badcooky
I recently upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC ... they are available in Australia around the $1200 with the DJI RC ...that controller is really really good, as far as I am concerned ... well worth the xtra cost ...
I sent that to as for some reason I thought you wanted a cheap drone.
Cheers dude .

Yea why not , that looks light and easy to handle able to take a knock too by the looks .lol
No I have 3D printers and I make and sell RC Scale tanks and ships in my spare time dude.
So yea for me 3D printing is easier than building a rig like yours.
a1a78c_cbbce3d005d84335ab463c8dba85d6f8~mv2.png
I am also on my 5th printer, currently Creality CR-6 SE ...

You sound like a really good citizen, who never speeds, or breaks any laws. I guess we need to be careful you don't dob us in .... ok, now we will hear about us endangering lives with our sub 250 gm drones ....
Let it go dude I have . lol
Check this my daughter she's stoked man .

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 7
I am also on my 5th printer, currently Creality CR-6 SE ...
I've been using the Ender 5 Pluses for some reason , I had a reason when I bought them but I can't remember what it was LOL. Have you used the FDM type I'm thinking of buying a few for the smaller finer prints for ships models ?
Just about to start an 8 foot/2.4M Fletcher class Destroyer from Bensworx on CGTrader(something like that) All the whistles and gongs for RC.
Cheers mate .
Addendum , One of my RC boats doing a ballast test with the smoker on .

Attachments

• ballast test.jpg
    ballast test.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 4
  • smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent