DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal 30 deg upward tilt problem!

I have a new Mavic and have a similar problem to #2: If I have the gimbal set to 0 degrees and I go forward in sport mode the camera gimbal jumps down to about -10 degrees and stays there until I raise it back up manually with the dial. It only happens in sport mode so far, but it does happen every time, even when I try to ease into the forward stick. Sounds like this is not normal and I might need a replacement also.

I have had the #2 problem since my last crash. Hope to listen some good advice. Anyway I already bought another complete camera and gimbal set and I’m waiting to make the change.

To clear things up...

Problem #1 - Don't read into it too much guys... I'm an intelligent enough guy and I know how to fly. Whether the Mavic is in flight or on a level surface, If I roll the gimbal/camera from horizon to max 30 deg... it should just stop and remain at 30 deg up angle... it does not... it jumps to 45 down angle and continues to cycle as I explained if I continue to apply the left wheel. I usually use this function at a hover, then slowly pan up to look above the horizon... a nice feature when it stops at 30 degrees, instead of ruining the shot by kicking down to 45!!!

As for #2 - it is NOT normal... the camera/gimbal is designed to maintain the horizon when I move forward. I'm not moving forward at ludicrous speed or anything. I simply am trying for a steady forward motion shot at maybe 15 mph-ish and the gimbal auto kicks to a 45 deg plus down angle and stays there until I move it back... like I said. And when I return to hover, the camera is still angled down...

As long as DJI understands me...

I have the exact same problem first few flights i didn't notice it but past 20 flights camera tilts down when i fly forward and i have to move it back up. The only way I found to fix this is with the dji goggles in head tracking mode, when i do this the camera no longer tilts down at full speed. i can fire up goggles and set them down on something flat, make sure camera is level at horizon and it works like it should. As soon as i disconnect the goggles the downward tilt comes back when i tilt mavic to far. also when connected to goggle head tracking the remote tilt still works the same and if i tilt the drone so far that the gimble does tip 'it will eventually' it will go back to where it should be unlike when just connected to phone you have to tilt back up Manuel. That tells me its not a hardware issue its a software problem. If anyone has figured this out please post. I would love to not have to have my goggles connected for my mavic to work correctly.

But you're not experiencing these problems with the 30 degrees angle turned OFF?

You have a faulty gimbal. The drone should be sent to DJI if you think this 30 degrees option is important (IMO it's really not)

I have experienced this problem as well. Tilt up to 30 deg and when I fly forward, it immediately jumps down. Did that right out of the box. Are we sure this is a faulty gimbal or is this more common than reported?

Hey i just got a new camera with a replacement gimbal and now my drone is showing problem #2
not in sports more in normal flying when ever i got forward the gimbal pans down right away. only in tripod mode it allows me to stay leval i was thinking of bending the metal plate a little bit to companstaite

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these gimbal issues. DJI is exchanging my unit as it was discovered after my first few flights. I adjusted the gimbal to allow for the upward 30 degree tilt. I lowered the Gimbal Pitch EXP in advanced gimbal settings to "10" for a slower and smoother movement. All other settings remained factory and I took it for a few flights at the house. During those flights, I experienced the following 2 problems with the gimbal. Despite these problems, the Mavic Pro flew like a champ and I'm totally impressed with how awesome it is!!!

Gimbal Issue #1 - When I roll the left gimbal wheel, the gimbal/camera goes up to 30 degrees (Max Tilt) then immediately kicks to 45 degrees down angle. If I hold the wheel, it continues to cycle... slowly rolls up to 30 deg, jumps down to 45+, slowly rolls up to 30, jumps down to 45+.

Gimbal Issue #2 - In Regular Flight and Sport mode after hovering, if I pitch forward with the right stick to move forward, the Mavic moves forward and the Gimbal jumps immediately to a 45 deg down angle. When I return to hover, the camera remains down at 45 until I bring it back up to horizon. This repeats ALMOST every time I pitch forward. If I move the right stick forward very slowly, the gimbal remains on the horizon as designed.

I contacted DJI support, who walked me through recalibrating everything! Using DJI Assistant 2 on my MAC, I returned it to Factory Default Settings, I calibrated all of the sensors, then I recalibrated the IMU and the Gimbal. Both problems were not resolved.

The DJI Tech said that this was the first that he has heard of these issues? He has arranged my Mavic to be exchanged, so I'm waiting for my new unit and hoping that it does not have any other issues!!! The only consolation is that its forecasted to rain for the next week here in SoCal!

Thanks for any responses or questions...
Mine does the same. did you get new drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard