DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal calibration failing at 73%

AirJordan

Reactions
I just got my Mavic Pro from Harvey Norman, Mt Barker, and when calibrating my gimbal it seems to stop and struggle around the 71 - 73% mark. Has anyone else come across this? I can't seem to find anything across other forums.

Almost embarrassed to suggest this but I assume you've taken the gimbal dome cover off and also the gimbal clamp? Also taken off the round plastic protection over the sensors?

I just got my Mavic Pro from Harvey Norman, Mt Barker, and when calibrating my gimbal it seems to stop and struggle around the 71 - 73% mark. Has anyone else come across this? I can't seem to find anything across other forums.
Redo IMU and make sure the unit is cold.

If that fails then:
What firmware you on? Some say there is issues with 1.030 with gimbal calibration.
See if you can bump it back to 1.029

I am getting the same error, stops at 73% all the time, did you get this fixed? I have no problems with the gimbal though, just try to calibrated to make sure.

I am getting the same error, stops at 73% all the time, did you get this fixed? I have no problems with the gimbal though, just try to calibrated to make sure.
Yeah, I read up on a couple of forums and ended up downgrading the firmware to 1.2.9 Problem solved.

Reactions: mianzel
DJI send a tweet today about a new firmware, maybe that is corrected there, maybe.
I would rather not risk it until I know that the problem has been fixed. Not knowing there was a problem in the first place freaked me out when I first tried to calibrate it.

Reactions: mianzel
I just updated firmware today, had never tried the gimbal calibration before. It certainly does crash at 73%!! Did it twice, same thing. Must be a bug.

Almost embarrassed to suggest this but I assume you've taken the gimbal dome cover off and also the gimbal clamp? Also taken off the round plastic protection over the sensors?
What round plastic protection over the sensors you refer to?

The same thing happened to me. I just turned everything off, restarted the download, & it worked. Turned everything off & back on once the download was completed & flew without problems.

I have the same issue but I can not go down to 1.29
I have done the IMU calibration and the gimbal still fails at 73%

I posted this response on another thread, but figured I should post it here too.

I had the same issue the day after a minor crash. Gimbal calibration kept failing around 73%. I tried several other remedies as suggested in other threads, but did not have success with them. However, I was finally able to get my gimbal to successfully calibrate by powering of the MP and playing around with the gimbal. I found that the side-to-side panning rotation was physically sticking when I rotated it. I just carefully worked that axis motion back and forth by hand, about a dozen times, until finally the rotation stopped sticking and became smooth. I powered the MP back on, ran the gimbal calibration, and it succeeded first try.

I suspect that what happened was some dust or small debris got into the motor and was jamming it, physically working it free was all that was needed.

Hope this might help someone else!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman