DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Camera

Mavicflyer519

Reactions
Hey everyone, my camera and the vertical gimbal motor on my MP went crazy after not being flown for a couple months and started smoking after powering it up then locked to its right. After powering down and back up a few times it stopped smoking and overheating however it's still locked to its right and twitches back and forth a couple times every few minutes as well. There's also no reaction from it via RC. Any opinions on if the gimbal motor burned up or if it's a flex cable issue. Also while trying to inspect it the black ribbon that curves over and attaches to the actual camera came off however the camera is acting no different. Does anyone know what that ribbon is for. Thanks.

Also I have not crashed the drone and it's been in a case. Also made sure the gimbal clamp was off. Thanks again.

You could try replacing the flat ribbon cable first and see what happens but it might start smoking again. My guess is that either your gimbal motor assembly or your gimbal control board are fried.
Thunderdrones, thank you for your reply and yah I was afraid of that. I appreciate your input.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh