DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal on startup.

bostonlines

Reactions
Does anyone's gimbal do this when you start up your bird? When I take off and I fly for about 15 seconds, it levels off. But when I start it, the horizon is tilted about 45°. Is this normal? This started happening after the new firmware update 0.600. I've calibrated everything (gimbal, IMU, and compass) twice. See picture.

Attachments

• IMG_7879.JPG
    IMG_7879.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 59
I have gotten into autocalibrating the gimbal as a prefilght measure. If my gimbal were tilted like yours after autocalibration, I would restart the Mavic, and autocalibrate again.

Also look at your gimbal plate to make sure all the tabs are in place and the plate is not tilted.

Reactions: bostonlines
Yep mine was the same after .600 auto call never fixed it I just went back to .400

Same here after going to 0600fw. Have seen a few others also reporting this. I would not be surprised if 0600 update has introduced this issue seeing as dji have most likely played around with gimbal code for fixed wing and goggles.

Yes I have the same problem since the last update about a week ago. But how do you go back to an old version?

Go to your GO 4 app home screen. Press the three dash lines (settings) on the top right for 5 seconds and release. Select .400, download and install. Must obviously be connected to your bird for the entire process.

Whew, I thought it was just me! I've been manually adjusting the gimbal tilt once I takeoff, but now I think I'll try reverting to .400.

Go to your GO 4 app home screen. Press the three dash lines (settings) on the top right for 5 seconds and release. Select .400, download and install. Must obviously be connected to your bird for the entire process.
Thanks brother will do

My bird is back to normal after downgrading. It might be faster too. I got it up to 48.5 mph. I've never been able to go that fast until downgrading. Pretty strange.

Attachments

• IMG_8098.jpg
    IMG_8098.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 16
My bird is back to normal after downgrading. It might be faster too. I got it up to 48.5 mph. I've never been able to go that fast until downgrading. Pretty strange.
Will def revert when I get home I'll let you know how it goes

It took the downgrade. Seems normal in tripod mode indoors. Will attempt an outdoor flight later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan