DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal protector?

Meave

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a protector for the Mavic's gimbal? It seems to be the most delicate part of the drone, and I'm currently waiting for mine to come back from repair due to a small crash that ripped the cable ribbon out.

Any Thoughts?

I was thinking of something like this one: Here

51CcjusXJmL._SL1024_.jpg

Technically not a gimbal protector. It's a sun shade. Helps reduce glare.

I made one out of the original gimbal cover and yes, it does provide a level of protection.

Yes, I've purchased this. It's worth buying. It's less of a gimbal protector and more of a sunshade. At least that's my take on it.

BTW...it's $4 less than I paid for it.

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a protector for the Mavic's gimbal? It seems to be the most delicate part of the drone, and I'm currently waiting for mine to come back from repair due to a small crash that ripped the cable ribbon out.

Any Thoughts?

I was thinking of something like this one: Here

51CcjusXJmL._SL1024_.jpg

I have this one and don't like it. It sometimes gets in my shots. Could just be me though...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

They provide some sunshade protection. I purchased one similar and had to dremel out the areas that got in my videos. They work so-so, but not sure how much protection you would achieve from a crash.

Thanks for all the replies, any advice on what to use for protecting the gimbal? It just seems so vulnerable.

Reactions: Plomo
Thanks for all the replies, any advice on what to use for protecting the gimbal? It just seems so vulnerable.
Tbh the best protection is prevention. Care and common sense when flying near objects.
Having said that, the lens hood is better than nothing. The absolute best protection would be the original dome but that reduces image quality and you may have heat issues by reducing airflow to the cooling fan.

Tbh the best protection is prevention. Care and common sense when flying near objects.
Having said that, the lens hood is better than nothing. The absolute best protection would be the original dome but that reduces image quality and you may have heat issues by reducing airflow to the cooling fan.

This [emoji106]

Reactions: voongnz
I have also have this hood. When flying in P mode it it doesn't show in the screen. Its only when flying in S mode it covers the top 1/4 of the screen when the gimbal is facing directly forward. Nothing a little dremel will fix. I think it will provide some protection as it is made of a hard plastic but dont expect it to save your gimbal if your flying 30mph into a branch or wall.

oh and I only paid 3.49 shipped from amazon but took 2 weeks to get to my house.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James