DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal rolls slightly when flying sideways

Darryl

Reactions
When I fly my mavic sideways the horizon (roll gimbal axis) slightly tilts in the direction of the the sideways flight path. So the horizon is not level anymore and when I stop and hover the gimbal goes back to level horizon. So adjusting gimbal roll will not fix this issue. Is there a setting to increase roll stiffness?

I tend to do a lot of shots flying sideways so it's ugly to have the horizon tilt with the drone movement. I am not in fpv mode. Mainly fly in cinematic mode.

I can try that. I mainly want to be in cinematic mode otherwise shots don't look that good.

I've had this same problem and I am leaning toward wind resistance pushing on the gimbal. I've done quiet a few test flights with this issue. I've calibrated IMU compass and gimbal. Gimbal is level while hovering with no wind but flying sideways at higher speed or when the wind is flowing across the MP sideways the gimbal slowly rolls.

Sent from my LG-H831 using MavicPilots mobile app

I only had my mavic a couple days before the Dec 26 firmware so I do not know. I'm glad I'm not alone in this issue. Hopefully a new firmware will take care of the issue. I have also re calibrated gimbal, IMU, compass. Mine also slowly rolls the faster I fly sideways then levels out as I ease out of the bank.

I've seen this too, it's quite subtle, you might not notice if there aren't obvious verticals or horizon line.
It returns to horizontal a few seconds after the sideways movement.

Was this ever solved? Mine does the same but not every time I fly and i cant fig out why? Its not subtle thought its a harsh rotation when i move left and right.

I flew with newest firmware and mine still has this issue too. Very annoying having to post process the tilt.

Reactions: tomford
Was this ever solved? Mine does the same but not every time I fly and i cant fig out why? Its not subtle thought its a harsh rotation when i move left and right.
This looks like you're in FPV mode rather than Follow.

I think they have made some changes via firmware and the more gentle creep and slow levelling is reduced but not gone entirely.

I think they have made some changes via firmware and the more gentle creep and slow levelling is reduced but not gone entirely.

Crazy. I feel like I never noticed it till after the update but its possible its done it before that. I check the Modes and it was not on FPV. I power cycled and swapped the battery no chance, then flew in 5 min later from about 50 ft away and perfect no roll.

well it ended up being FPV mode lol but it was sneaky. % user confution. The new update rest my c button so as i was hitting c2 thinking i was doing center focas but i was actully fliping FPV on and off. so i would never catch it cause i would land cycle the battry and then check the modes and it would be off. thanks for all the help guys. !

Reactions: 4wd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan