GIVEAWAY: DJI Mavic Hard Case by Freewell Gear

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
I'm giving away one DJI Mavic hard case by Freewell Gear. For a chance to win, post your favorite DJI Mavic tip below (just one please). I will choose my favorite post on Friday, March 31st and ship the case to the winner for free.

Here's more information about this case:
  • Dimensions: 13 x 12 x 5 inches
  • Weight: 4 lbs 6 oz
  • Contains custom cut slots for the Mavic, remote controller, 2 spare batteries, and 4 accessory slots
  • Watertight
  • Impact-resistant
This is the same case sold by PolarPro, Hobby-Ace, Depstech, Red Rock, and others. The only difference is the "Freewell Gear" label on the top lid of the case. Check out the reviews and additional information here on Amazon.

Here's a video showing this case in action:

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Favorite tip. That's a tough one.

I would have to say, before flying always check your settings, especially RTH. Make sure RTH is at a high enough setting to clear obstacles. **** can and will happen if you don't.

Last edited:
My tip, especially for new owners:

Find and copy the Pre-flight checklist (found mine on this forum) and use it every time before you fly. Remember the 6 P's. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Perfomance!

Reactions: Correy
My favorite tip I received from the site was on how to properly use and understand the radar screen in lower left corner. It's not covered in the manual. Thanks for all the tips

Reactions: dewster
Let it hover for a while and test all basic controller inputs near you, take off to higher skies with sound mind

Favorite tip has got to be to remember to focus the camera. Last flight I forgot to and had some ok footage, not the amazing stuff the mavic is capable of

My favorite tip: Do not let the Mavic depart the area until the DJI GO app has set your Home Point to your current location.

Make sure you follow msinger's advice on MavicPilots

Relatively new guy here. I'd say my biggest tip (being I've never owned a drone prior to the Mavic) is to really study the materials for the capability of the craft, practice in an open field, and above all have fun! Those first couple of flights will be intimidating, but just know that each flight will bring on more experience. Happy flying!

Reactions: BigMotor
Best tip IMO...Get DJI Refresh. Things happen, even to the best flyers. Protect your investment.

Adapt your confidence to your knowledge & skills you aquiered even before physically practicing on your mavic as everything you learned is for a reason that may protect yourself as well as others. (skills can be aquiered by simulation in the app. Yes it's not the same as real life, but you'll learn some reflexes that is crucial… I learned to ride on simulator by experimenting different EXP settings & understanding how to tweak the main options before my first drone flight ever!)

Its pretty clear there isnt one single most important tip ...every single tip stated here by others are all important. So maybe msinger is looking for a tip nobody has ever discussed here or rather a tip he himself doesnt know.

" Protect your drone by following common sense , flying safely and storing your prized bird in a well built hard case !"

Reactions: dewster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78