DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glyphs or Moverio BT-300s ?

Now I am looking for a cheap place to buy a holder for the CPU unit, a bit disappointed that it doesnt come with it.
I was thinking on just using a piece of wood with velcro and stick it right there. The 3D printed mounts look quite expensive to what they are and dont have a 3D printer.

Does anyone has the 3D file? Would like to check if someone in australia can print it for me.

Thanks fellas
Hey Stratos, i still have a spare one. Where are you located?
Edit: looking twice at your post i see.. no option. Check with @DVegaman for stl

Hey Stratos, i still have a spare one. Where are you located?
Edit: looking twice at your post i see.. no option. Check with @DVegaman for stl

Oh really that is great. Im in Sydney Australia :)
I think I saw a couple of mounts in EBAY, but the shipping price is just ridiculous.

I got an amazing mount file from a french fellow Mavic Pilot. His name is Luc :) now I need to find a way to print it. Have checked a couple of websites and they charged me around 60 bucks to print plus 20 delivery. So need to find a local option to print it

I've seen tons of threads like this and I'm thoroughly confused. Can someone please explain to me what the attraction is for these incredibly expensive solutions that do not offer gimbal head tracking vs the homido 89$ish solution with litchi that does offer gimbal head tracking. I have homido, works great, move my head gimbal follows. Am I missing something? I've never tried the more expensive solution.

Can someone please explain to me what the attraction is for these incredibly expensive solutions that do not offer gimbal head tracking vs the homido 89$ish solution with litchi that does offer gimbal head tracking. I have homido, works great, move my head gimbal follows.
For me, I'd like to use DJI GO and I don't want my mobile device to be attached to my face. That makes it quite hard to access the FPV app to make adjustments and/or access its various features. Also, I don't like how VR goggles skew the image (it seems to stress my eyes). FWIW, gimbal head tracking is of no interest to me.

Last edited:
I got an amazing mount file from a french fellow Mavic Pilot. His name is Luc :) now I need to find a way to print it. Have checked a couple of websites and they charged me around 60 bucks to print plus 20 delivery. So need to find a local option to print it

Check 3dhubs 3D Hubs: Browse online 3D printing services
They have thousands of printers worldwide (it's like uber, but for 3d printing) random guys with printers register, and help out by printing jobs for people locally. I run one here in Canada, there MUST be some in your area too I would think. Should be fairly reasonably priced (and local means pick-up option, no shipping hopefully).

Reactions: stratos
Check 3dhubs 3D Hubs: Browse online 3D printing services
They have thousands of printers worldwide (it's like uber, but for 3d printing) random guys with printers register, and help out by printing jobs for people locally. I run one here in Canada, there MUST be some in your area too I would think. Should be fairly reasonably priced (and local means pick-up option, no shipping hopefully).

This is awesome mate thanks!!
Will definitely try it now!

So I received today my BT-300, the first thing I did was to factory reset them and well, I think I lost the DJI app.
Ive never used Android before so this is going to be a learning curve for me.

I remember someone mentioned that you can pair a mouse and keyboard to it, will try it.
Amazon was kind enough to send me the blue polarized lens included as well as the prescription inserts that I would definitely take tomorrow to the optical to them done.

Now, how do I load the new DJI app and the other apps stores?? :D I remember seeing in the forum a facebook site or something (I dont have facebook so I need to create an account)

So I received today my BT-300, the first thing I did was to factory reset them and well, I think I lost the DJI app.

I remember someone mentioned that you can pair a mouse and keyboard to it, will try it.
Amazon was kind enough to send me the blue polarized lens included as well as the prescription inserts that I would definitely take tomorrow to the optical to them done.

Now, how do I load the new DJI app and the other apps stores?? :D I remember seeing in the forum a facebook site or something (I dont have facebook so I need to create an account)

Don't have a BT300 myself to check, but usually on Android it's in settings under Security, turn on "Unknown Sources" which lets you install an app APK file (the installer for Android apps) from anywhere, rather than just trusted sources like the play store.

Then you should be able to use the web browser to find an APK, and just download it and open it to install the app.

For example the page with instructions for amazon is at:
Amazon.com Help: Install Amazon Appstore for Android

which basically says to click this direct link to get the APK file:
https://www.amazon.com/appstore_android_app

Reactions: stratos

Read this section. in the last day there has been a very solid fix to make maps work correctly which is something you will want! And towards the beginning you will see good details on loading apps. but the basics is to allow for the untested sources to be on in the settings and find APK's off the web and download them directly off the web browser of the BT-300 and installing them from there. You will want to upgrade the firmware of the BT-300 and remove any Go apps that may be installed and install the Go 4 app latest version 4.0.7 from the web. you are good to go.

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

And yes I would highly recommend loading the Amazon App Store. you will have access to a good selection of apps like the Hulu, Netflix etc if you want to use the glasses for anything else outside of the Mavic. BUT DO NOT overload your BT-300. I use mine specifically for the Mavic and I keep all my apps to a min. I also try and not install and run too many background services.

And yes I would highly recommend loading the Amazon App Store. you will have access to a good selection of apps like the Hulu, Netflix etc if you want to use the glasses for anything else outside of the Mavic. BUT DO NOT overload your BT-300. I use mine specifically for the Mavic and I keep all my apps to a min. I also try and not install and run too many background services.

I agree buddy.
The map fix is pretty straight forward and I can confirm that it works flawlessly.
Other apps work great as well, I am about to test a HUB app so I can use my glasses while cycling it would be great to see my speed and even gps floating right infront of me.

by the way, I didnt side loaded the Go4 app, i used the one for the moverio app store and it actually got updated to the latest Android one 4.0.7 so no need so side load that one.

I received my Glyphs today. I was ready to go through the adjustment and learning hoping to have a flight before dark. I was disappointed to find out I forgot about the HDMI cable. There are 4 different size HDMI connectors. The cable supplied with the Glyph goes from A to D. The Shield has a size C. So I now need to order either a cable or an adapter, more likely a cable. The wait continues.

I should have thought of this and write here to maybe help someone else.

I posted this in another thread. FYI.

Ok guys, back to the BT-300 and Glyph comparison.
Flew with both today in very high winds and cloudy. I kept an nd8/pl filter on to saturate and darken colors a bit since i want to know how both glasses reflect the camera view. The Creep ( mavic) performed flawless as usual on fw .0200. Love it.

BT-300
- Maps work great.
- I like using the rochester shades so kept them on to "simulate" worst outside view through them.
- image is crisp and true. This is very useful and fulfilles intended use when photo/filming. Exactly what i see when playback /on tablet. Due underpowered processing the live view is sometimes less smooth but well within acceptable limits.
- when in vlos the drone is very traceable through the glasses. Also aside and above/below very good view.
- im amazed of the wearing comfort and weight. Truely a pleasure using them.
- Operating the interface becomes easier every time.
- the different menu's text is as readable as with the glyph.

Glyph/shield

- Not very handy due to the size/ setup time.
- the shield proves to be very powerful. Image is generally smoother but not sharper.
- i do not like the color of the image. It is too bright, not what the camera sees. This makes it hard to make proper adjustments in (bright) sun when you have to use the shield as reference.
- the view around the Glyph is way more limited.
- Battery life is much less.
- it is a great option to have someone fly along. Pilot on shield and passenger on glyph. Great experience.
- the headphones are a big +
- good readability of text due sharp image.

I have checked more stuff but the above covers most. Feel welcome to ask questions about both if cannot decide.

For me: the Glyph goes back.
Now the maps work, the Moverio is hard to beat. Beautiful image, portable, comfortable. I doubt if the DJI goggles beats this. Still a lot is personal also, i hope this final review along with previous ones help to choose the best option.

Edit: fwiw, i definitely like the "friendliness" and quality of the Glyph. This manufacturer deserves my deepest respect for a beautifully designed and packaged product. All parts are just perfect and user friendly, well thought of with the end user in mind. Packed like a jewel too. Kinda reminds me of the Mavic when i unpacked it. Shame i have to return it since it only would serve us as another multimedia product...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman