DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles and glasses

I know you can fit the goggles over glasses. I wear bifocals and have astigmatism. My question is can I use the goggles. Can anyone with any experience with VR goggles please give me some feedback.

Yes, the goggles have cut outs for glasses. You can find youtube videos of reviews where glasses were worn. The reviewers state that the googles are comfortable even with glasses on.

Can anyone reference a specific YouTube? Watched a couple, but nothing with glasses that I could see - and some of them are 20 minutes plus!

I really need a response on usability with glasses not whether they physically fit. I tried a cheap headset using my iphone. It fitted over my glasses but it was difficult to get a good focus.

I really need a response on usability with glasses not whether they physically fit. I tried a cheap headset using my iphone. It fitted over my glasses but it was difficult to get a good focus.

Skip to 6:59 in the video where he puts on his enormous sunglasses.

Reactions: AnFy79
I received my goggles today. I wear progressive lenses and at 71 years old I have a 3.0 diopter correction for reading. Progressives or bifocals don't work well with goggles - half the screen (bottom) is in focus and the other half not so much. A trip to a store and I found a large lens pair of reading glasses that solved the problem. Should you flip up the goggles or take them off, my controller and iPhone in my hands is still very readable (without swapping back to my progressive lenses). Distance leaves a little to be desired. I keep my regular Rx glasses on a sports band around my neck so they don't get lost/dropped during the flight. I don't want to drop or loose a $300 pair of glasses.

Reactions: Dadcat and rydfree

Hold some small print 9" to 12" in front of your face. Can you read that clearly? This seems to be the focal distance ability required to use the goggles. So if you can't read the small print, you will likely need reading glasses to use the goggles.

A note/issue when wearing glasses, at least in my case. Even though there are cutouts in the soft rubber seal, when wearing glasses the side temple frame holds the seal open and causes light and subsequent glare on the screen. Not readily obvious indoors but when outside in bright light it is distracting. Had to rig some foam pieces attached to the inside of the frame to block out the light.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Too
I usually use +1.5 or +1.75 reading glasses but have 20/20 for distance. But the DJI goggles are only approaching reasonably in focus with +3.25 readers. I will order some +4.00 to see if these help to keep things in focus without a strain. In others words, probably double what ever one might normally use for reading.

I suppose there might be a market for some entrepreneurial type to develop an insert to fit inside the DJI goggles they way one used to buy inserts for SCUBA masks. Or perhaps a SCUBA mask insert might work. Has anyone tried?

In any case I too am flabbergasted that a diopter adjustment was not included especially given the prevalence of glasses wearers in China!

I have the same concerns but went ahead and bought the goggles. Waiting for DHL to deliver and as soon as i have tested it i will give you true opion.

See my post on Glasses for Goggles, the glasses hold very firmly with the magnets
and will not drop out, and stay in position in the goggles. I recently found a magnet
and wailing for the mail for the center portion of the goggles that will hold it even better.
Dan

I wear glasses and went to Walmart and bought some +250 reading glasses and the screen was still blurry. I'm sending mine back! It's a shame to spend almost $500 dollars and still have to spend more money trying to find glasses that will work. DJI dropped the ball on this one.

I wear glasses and went to Walmart and bought some +250 reading glasses and the screen was still blurry. I'm sending mine back! It's a shame to spend almost $500 dollars and still have to spend more money trying to find glasses that will work. DJI dropped the ball on this one.
If you have not sent them back, allow me to suggest you test reading glasses with greater magnification. I use 2 X for reading but needed 4.5 X for use with my DJI goggles. I live in Arizona and could not find reading glasses with magnification greater than 3.5 X so I ordered a 4.5 X from Amazon for $10 and they work fine.

I appears that what ever you're using for reading glasses you'll need double that for the goggles. I couldn't see much of anything with my normal glasses, but with the 4+ readers the screen is nice and clear. Most goggles have a close focal distance with the exception of the Glyphs and Moverio BT300's. The Glyphs are HDMI input only and the BT300 has limited android apps that will run on it .

Curious where you bought and what their return policy is/?

I usually use +1.5 or +1.75 reading glasses but have 20/20 for distance. But the DJI goggles are only approaching reasonably in focus with +3.25 readers. I will order some +4.00 to see if these help to keep things in focus without a strain. In others words, probably double what ever one might normally use for reading.

I suppose there might be a market for some entrepreneurial type to develop an insert to fit inside the DJI goggles they way one used to buy inserts for SCUBA masks. Or perhaps a SCUBA mask insert might work. Has anyone tried?

In any case I too am flabbergasted that a diopter adjustment was not included especially given the prevalence of glasses wearers in China!
This is my exact experience as well. I use +1.5 for reading and had to go to +3.5 on the goggles. One would have expected that they would make the goggles to be fully in focus with whatever reading glasses you wear.

This is my exact experience as well. I use +1.5 for reading and had to go to +3.5 on the goggles. One would have expected that they would make the goggles to be fully in focus with whatever reading glasses you wear.
One of the few things I feel DJI has done wrong is not advising customers that seeing clearly with the goggles may require some type of reading glasses. Someone faulted me on that statement several weeks ago saying "well, when you buy a new TV or computer, do you expect that seller to say - you might need corrective glasses to see?" Not the same thing as far as I am concerned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki