DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going back to older drone after flying Mavic

4wd

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Not permanently... :eek:
There must be a few here didn't want to part with older drones but have you flown it much since getting a Mavic?
Tried my Phantom 3 Pro late yesterday - not used for 6 months apart from partial charge of batteries a couple of times.
All was well when flown but wow, it feels so heavy and bulky.
What I had rather forgotten was how fast it flies with no sport mode.
It's so loud! We had light wind and clear sky near sunset and you could hear the thing quite noticeably to about 3000 feet away. Almost embarrassingly noisy when close by even at 300 feet.

Video while OK is not as good as mavic on a good day.
Perhaps easier to get reasonable footage reliably even if just because no focusing to think about.

I keep a Standard, P3P, P4, and P4P around and fly them every once in a while just to remind myself of how much I like the Mavic. The P3P is like a dinosaur to me now, unstable hover, bulky, heavy, and big backpack. Image quality is great and fixed focus, but the Mav gets most of my attention.

If you really want to go back to an older drone, go fly a standard. First, you have to turn on controller, then connect your phone to controller wifi and insert phone into the shaky device holder. Turn on bird, hope it connects. Get out about 2000 feet and start to lose signal. Initiate RTH, but wait, theres no RTH button. Flip the S2 switch a few times hoping it hears your plea. That will make you love your Mavic even more.

Last edited:
I haven't flown any of my other camera platforms since I have the Mavic.
Racers and other aircraft types yes, but nothing made for filming.

Is the P4P that much more powerful than the P3?

What about noise of either P3/P4P compared to the Mavic? I watched a video yesterday comparing the two but to my ears on the video they seemed very similar.

Haha I can not fly my Inspire 1 after Mavic :)
I'm scared, it can not fly straight and hover in place

Haven't flown anything since I got my Mavic. Want to fly my Yuneec Q500+ again because it was my first, and it's incredibly stable and fun to fly. But the Mavic is amazing.

Have only flown my Phantom once since the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan