DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good news for once

Great news. I was hoping that ****-for-brains would get nailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo, I've watched the videos, I assume he was on 2x zoom. It appears to me that he was outside the 5 mile NFZ, could be wrong since I don't know that he was on zoom. Does the DJI NFZ only cover the circle around the airport itself or does it extend to approach air lanes? There are air lanes literally everywhere.

Soooo, I've watched the videos, I assume he was on 2x zoom. It appears to me that he was outside the 5 mile NFZ, could be wrong since I don't know that he was on zoom. Does the DJI NFZ only cover the circle around the airport itself or does it extend to approach air lanes? There are air lanes literally everywhere.
It's not so much an issue of whether or not he was in or out of a NFZ. It's more so an issue of how close he was flying to commercial airliners. Even if his flight was deemed to be legal, as far as NFZs goes - he's the kind of idiot who would continue to push the envelope - getting closer and closer to the airliners until something stupid happened.

You know what happens when you assume right? He was anywhere from 90-180 feet away, depending on which version of his story you believe.

He broke the number one rule of UAV flying: DON'T BE STUPID.

In case you didn't know UAV's need to stay far, far away from manned aircraft. If you are flying and see a airplane or helicopter, you are to STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Reactions: MAVA4 and Hauptmann

No way, this idiot was very close to the planes. I would estimate based on the typical drone lens that he was 200-300 ft away. Thats absolutely stupid and the guy deserves a fine that will cost him his house.

Rob

so no one knows if the NFZs are just circles around airports of if they are also the air lanes?

who wants to bet that idiot was surprised and had no idea why the cops showed up?

Videos clearly show he was within the NFZ. He also flew over crowds of people--another no-no.

DJI -
"We stand ready to assist national aviation authorities as they investigate a recent wave of photos and videos showing clear and intentional lawbreaking in ways that pose real danger to manned air traffic," it said in a statement.
DJI said its drones came equipped with software that should prevent them flying within five miles (8km) of Sde Dov airport unless the feature had been disabled.

So it's well and truly out there in the public eye now. I really hope there aren't more restrictions on the way from DJI and the authorities due to the selfish actions of some pilots and the idiots here and on other forums who helped spread the word about the hack, which the mods here condoned by turning a blind eye to it despite doing their best to look like thety weren't....

That guy is a total idiot. This is the first time seeing this video/news story. Hate to say it, but this is why DJI puts flight restriction software in their code.

Man... just crazy...

Yep, what an absolute tool! you can smell the FW update on the way as we speak. The one good thing is that this dude is going to have a lonely couple of years rotting in a steaming hot, stinking tel aviv prison to make an example of it. I dont think he will fly drones again, to be honest he probably wont do a few things again after that lol.

Reactions: dewster
I'm VERY happy that they caught him. They should make an example of him that will make a permanent impression on idiots who continue to fly like that.
He should be seriously fined, and then, they should give his drone back to him along with a hammer, and have HIM totally destroy his own drone right then and there.

Most likely he will get a criminal record and a fine
Not more
No jail time
And there is a small chance they let him go with a worning

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot