DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Germany!

bardolino60

Reactions
hello there my pilot friends. I'm still waiting on my craft. As the weather is not so fine in Bavaria, i can wait here enjoying videos of your flights.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Weather in Hamburg is inacceptable as well......although I still have my Mavic since two weeks, I was only able to fly twice :-( Welcome here to this helpfull forum

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Thank you guys for the warm welcome here. I have a very good feeling that this community will help anyone with the same passion for flying a drone. I hope I learn a lot and look forward to share my impressions and thoughts about flying this drone to the community. Cheers!

what are the drone laws like in Hamburg? am visiting in 2 weeks

German laws a very simple and clear!

Do not fly over people

Do not fly intrusive over people's property

Your drone must be marked with name plate and address. (Aluminum plack)

Follow the rules on restricted areas

Third Party liability insurance for the drone!!!

Other wise very relaxed and common sense prevails

I have a friend in Dortmund that did some research and told me the fireproof nameplate is NOT required until AFTER October. It will go into effect then. I was just there for 2 weeks and DID have my name and address affixed to it but not a permanent nameplate.

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto

Do not fly over people

What insurance do you recommend

I have a friend in Dortmund that did some research and told me the fireproof nameplate is NOT required until AFTER October. It will go into effect then. I was just there for 2 weeks and DID have my name and address affixed to it but not a permanent nameplate.

Thanks! Did you have insurance?

Yes. My State Farm policy covers me globally. I printed out a copy of the coverage and carried it in my Mavic case, just in case.

Do not fly over people

Yes COMMON SENSE. Whenever I took off I kinda expected someone in some uniform to come running yelling "Keine drohne!" It never happened.

Yes COMMON SENSE. Whenever I took off I kinda expected someone in some uniform to come running yelling "Keine drohne!" It never happened.

No Germany is probably the most reasonable country to fly in as well as Denmark and great flying on the east and west coasts Baltic and North Sea

Rules are fair and easy to understand and no people shooting drones out of the sky.

There are 3 insurance company's doing specific drone liability for around Euro 80,- a year.
But it requires you are living in Germany.
Drones over 2,5 kg require a certificate and approval registration for professionals.

I made a short film of sail buggy on the Danish island of Rømø ..... my first ever attempt with the MP

Enjoy

Reactions: frankiez
No Germany is probably the most reasonable country to fly in as well as Denmark and great flying on the east and west coasts Baltic and North Sea

Rules are fair and easy to understand and no people shooting drones out of the sky.

There are 3 insurance company's doing specific drone liability for around Euro 80,- a year.
But it requires you are living in Germany.
Drones over 2,5 kg require a certificate and approval registration for professionals.

I made a short film of sail buggy on the Danish island of Rømø ..... my first ever attempt with the MP

Enjoy

What if I don't live there but I'm just traveling for a few months?

What if I don't live there but I'm just traveling for a few months?

I'm sure that the country you live in has drone insurance and it should be global like the German policy ( except USA an CAN)

I don't know of any temporary insurance here, but my recommendation is don't fly without, and as foreigner it could cause a world of trouble for you and any other parties involved.

As it stands you must comply with the local laws and when flying drones here which does have a certain risk element..... The Germans like order and compliance no mercy here I'm afraid.

Michael

I'm sure that the country you live in has drone insurance and it should be global like the German policy ( except USA an CAN)

I don't know of any temporary insurance here, but my recommendation is don't fly without, and as foreigner it could cause a world of trouble for you and any other parties involved.

As it stands you must comply with the local laws and when flying drones here which does have a certain risk element..... The Germans like order and compliance no mercy here I'm afraid.

Michael

New Zealand doesnt have any unfortunately, I'll see when i arrive

If you are visiting a friend ask them to check the local RC flying club and they might know the local solution.

I afraid I am at my limits on this one!
But fly safely and welcome to Germany

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan