DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from SW Ohio

Hello from the Crossroads of America Hobo.

I think you're making a good choice for the first one. It seems to be robust enough to handle some wind and the features are pretty good.

I started with the now discontinued Spark in 2017 and would have purchased the mini 2 as an upgrade, but it wasn't available at the time when I pulled the trigger on the MA2.

Here are some apps to help with your flights, free from the app stores.

KITTYHAWK : FAA affiliated to show you areas around airports that may have flight restrictions. Some areas can be unlocked and give permission to fly at certain altitudes if near an airport through the LAANC system. This app also shows other restricted areas and more information for a PIC.

UAV FORECAST : Gives wether information in the area of your flights and has parameters that can be set such as wind speed at certain altitudes.

WINDY.COM : I just like this one because it provides a flow of arrows overlaid on a map to show the air flow when flying. It's always best to fly into the wind and use the tail wind for the trip home when the battery gets low. Also good if the aircraft goes into ATTI-MODE (No GPS) and the aircraft just floats with the breeze unless you have eyes on it and can manually fly it. The altitude should stay the same when this happens, unless you change it with the sticks

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings!

Thanks for letting me join this forum. I haven't purchased a drone yet, but leaning towards the Mini 2... from what I've learned it looks like a good place to jump in. I'm trying to take it slow and learn the ropes, so I can fly responsibly and legally.
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Thanks for letting me join this forum. I haven't purchased a drone yet, but leaning towards the Mini 2... from what I've learned it looks like a good place to jump in. I'm trying to take it slow and learn the ropes, so I can fly responsibly and legally.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots I live in Franklin Twp, OH just down the road from you! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots I live in Franklin Twp, OH just down the road from you! Fly safe and have fun!
Thank you! Yes, not far at all. I don't know anyone else who flies, so I'm learning on my own with a Mini 2 that I just received 2 days ago. Taking baby steps, you know. It's probably like good fishing spots: you keep them secret. But, if you know of a place or two where a beginner can get some air time... I'd be very appreciative. If not, that's no problem... thanks for saying hello.

Reactions: Steel63

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov