DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guatemala ?

crazyju

Reactions
I have flown many times in Mexico and Panama but this will be the 1st time taking the drone to Guatemala. Anyone with any experience?

I've flown in the Joyabaj region, but I was there with a team from an NGO. We simply met with the Mayor and he gave us permission to fly wherever we wanted. We were even allowed to bypass immigration. The team leaders are well known there.

There are some laws in Guatemala about foreigners flying drones. You'll need to check in with the CAA.

Last summer I flew in to GUA with a couple recreational drones in my carry-on. I had reached out via email to the DGAC about registration because the information that they had posted was a bit messy, sometimes contradictory and incomplete, which I believe was due to a recent change in the process.

The staff member emailed me instead a operation-specific authorization form and so with time running out I just printed out the correspondence in the hope that it could help to resolve a potential situation at customs. As it happened, customs staff didn't even speak to me let alone inspect my bag.

This remains of interest to me and so when I checked again just now I see that they do have quite a bit more relevant information and forms posted now: Drones

As for the flying, I did some data collection as well as hands-on teaching workshop stuff on public land in smaller settlements without issue. Sometimes folks were curious but only ever interacted with me after I had wrapped up the flight. Some private landowners, in more touristy areas, were not keen on me launching from their land and so I didn't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman