DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had my first semi "confrontation"

There is NO expectation of privacy in Public. If Im in a public place I can take pictures or record video of ANYTHING I can see from that public place

What about this scenario? Camera focuses on one individual in crowd to ridicule for a commercial purpose....

What about this scenario? Camera focuses on one individual in crowd to ridicule for a commercial purpose....

He's on private property. There's probably small writing on the back of the ticket saying you can be recorded.

The trouble the announcers got into was because they made fun of him. The picture was not the issue at all.

The announcers didn't get into trouble. The guy tried to sue, which anyone in this country can do, but the judge rightfully tossed out the lawsuit.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
The announcers didn't get into trouble. The guy tried to sue, which anyone in this country can do, but the judge rightfully tossed out the lawsuit.
That's true. I should have been clearer. I was simply pointing out that the guy who sued was not upset because of his picture, but because of the treatment.

If he requests that you delete it, some states require you to do so. Not everyone wants to be recorded by a complete stranger, so YOU need to be mindful of what you're doing.

Wrong. No expectation of privacy out in a public setting. Or public side walk in all 50 states

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25