DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hand catching

There's no need to disable the sensors. I simply disable the smart landing. I like to control my landings and not have the Mavic pause or tell me it doesn't want to land where i want it to (like in my hand).

098da991004ef7bd325290b58dde5153.jpg

Reactions: Jake and maikm
When I hand catch my mavic I leave all the sensors on and lay my hand flat out in a way so I won’t be hit by the props and hold the left stick down until it lands softly in my hand. I do not grab it I simply let it land into my hand. I would not recommend hand catching your mavic unless you need to.

If you have a bit practice with hand catching it is really safe and easy. I do it now for almost a full year in all wind conditions and never got into contact with the blades. I grab it at the lower belly just behind the front arms. Just disable "Landing Protection" to avoid the Mavic trying to escape. As the Mavic is hovering very stable and holding both altitude and position you have lots of time to approach it slowly and carefully with your hand. A lanyard mounted to your r/c transmitter helps a lot to operate the throttle-stick one-handed to stop the motors after grabbing.

And I want to add that it is safe to me even as I have very weak eyes with a strength of less than 10%. With natural sight I could fly the Mavic just at a distance of about 20m before lossing eye contact, so I am always flying it via goggles.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147