DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360

adicool

Reactions
Hi guys! Has anyone of you used Hangar 360? What has your experience been like? Also, is it necessary for me to purchase Autopilot before I can use Hangar?

It is made by the same people but you don't need to own Autopilot to own & use Hangar. I am a beta tester for it and I like it. They keep improving it as it goes along. Here is a link to one I recently took. You can zoom in and out and rotate the image 360 degrees. It does this all in a couple of button pushes from start to looking at it on the screen.

Link to a photo I made --> Hangar 360 Photo

I get some unsupported firmware on screen. Then never get any option to do anything.... Not a single button to push.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you that?? has to be a 360 camera attached to a mavic right?
No; the software automatically rises the drone to approx 90m above you, then it starts taking photos (approx 23) meanwhile rotating the drone & camera as per necessities. The it automatically lands the drone from the takeoff point, downloads the pictures from the drone's SD card to the phone, sends them to the servers and you get the full panorama in a couple of minutes.

Great!

Does it work on version .400?

When something goes wrong, can you take control of the drone at any time? Do the sticks work?

Thanks

Reactions: adicool
Can't tell about .400. Tried it today with the latest firmware (.550) iOS (iPhone 6S) and it still works.

If something goes wrong, one has to switch to Sports Mode and back, to cancel the app and fly by joystick home (there's even a warning in the app about that before you launch the mission).
Have a look; this has been done today: Hangar 360 Photo

Reactions: Keule and Edjes
I get some unsupported firmware on screen. Then never get any option to do anything.... Not a single button to push.
You need to downgrade your firmware to 0400 to use all the features on any of the third party apps as there is a conflict with the 0500 firmware. I have not tested the 0550 firmware yet.

Can't tell about .400. Tried it today with the latest firmware (.550) iOS (iPhone 6S) and it still works.

If something goes wrong, one has to switch to Sports Mode and back, to cancel the app and fly by joystick home (there's even a warning in the app about that before you launch the mission).
Have a look; this has been done today: Hangar 360 Photo
Nice 360. Are those "yurts" down there?

You need to downgrade your firmware to 0400 to use all the features on any of the third party apps as there is a conflict with the 0500 firmware. I have not tested the 0550 firmware yet.
Im on .400 after i downgraded 2 days after the realeased .500 upgrade.
still can't get 360 to work.

anyhow I've seen the images people are posting from it, many are good. But it's also shown me that this isn't what im looking for. it takes the shots in way high altitude for my taste. I just created my first 360 2 days ago. I used FPVcamera app in pano mode , stitched spherical img in ICE and uploaded to 360cities.net
The results were good, given that those were just a test shots. now i can get serious and process the shots more nicely.

Example of photo from that combination of services :

building that once hosted a bank

I am a newbe and have only had my Mavic about 2 weeks I just tried Hangar 360 with the 0.550 firmware and got an error that said "aircraft firmware not supported". After researching this it turns out that 0.400, 0.500 and 0.550 caused some erratic problems that are fixed in 0.600. I upgraded to 0.600 and it started off working but....

It would only hover at 4 feet while saying "flying to 300 ft." It just sat there. I could have manually taken it to 300 ft. but I wanted to be sure I knew what was going on so I shut down Hangar 360 and took over with DJI Go4 and just flew a regular flight. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Well, I had the Hangar 360 app opened and when it did not work, I closed it and opened DJI Go, does that mean I had both going at the same time? I am a little confused.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr