DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hardware change eta

WestyinWC

Reactions
Ok, so I'm assuming eventually as these birds hit the market DJI will make a version 2. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My question is when do you think that would be? I don't "have"to pull the trigger on this bird this early in the launch but am wondering is it worth waiting a few months on any possible changes.

Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks crew.

Dan

Going by the past Mavic, you will get a different color, then a year later some minor upgrades (Mavic Pro Platinum), but nothing withing a few months. The next thing on the horizon is the Mavic 2 remote with built in screen, you may be able to get it in a bundle a few buck cheaper but nobody knows an ETA on that yet.
c590928c45d464b0ced24e90f9e02ed940390992.jpeg

baa21114ffdd10f92d36e57be5b42101d8154c21_1_689x388.jpeg
6b17622d7979fd2b4cbf332257e6d0cbdda2cfa5_1_497x500.jpeg

Reactions: WestyinWC
Any idea if that remote would have hdmi out. Does the p4p+ have hdmi out?

Any idea if that remote would have hdmi out. Does the p4p+ have hdmi out?
I would venture to say one of those holes on the top is HDMI out. Yes P4P+ remote has HDMI out at 1080p.

If that's a remote with built in screen, Im expecting the screen to be rather small.
I'd rather a crytalsky TBH

yea, im not a fan of those little screens. I used to fly with an ipad pro 12", but now use the 7.8 CS. I wouldn't like anything smaller. Its ok if you are just using it for viewing the camera feed, but playing with litchi waypoints etc, I prefer more screen.
I am using old eyes though :)

That screen on the upcoming remote is a 5.5 inch, it is smaller then a tablet but the advantage I think would be it would eliminate app glitches , lag and crashing . I'm guessing in a few months we will see a softer rubber Gimbal cover and the legs will be adjusted to not rub the body. But hopefully it wont take that long.

Last edited:
That screen on the upcoming remote is a 5.5 inch, it is smaller then a tablet but the advantage I think would be it would eliminate app glitches , lag and crashing . I'm guessing in a few months we will see a softer rubber Gimbal cover and the legs will be adjusted to not rub the body. But hopefully it wont take that long.

Why would it eliminate app glitches, lag and crashing? Go4 isnt suddenly going to be stable. It makes sense to run the same underlying altered android OS as crystal sky. Other than USB cable issues it wont be any more stable.

Reactions: fakbik
Why would it eliminate app glitches, lag and crashing? Go4 isnt suddenly going to be stable. It makes sense to run the same underlying altered android OS as crystal sky. Other than USB cable issues it wont be any more stable.

Honestly, I've had soo many bad experiences with GO on androids, I went back to my iphone / ipad mini. It makes me MORE worried about stability. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try it though. I wonder if the screen will by crstalsky-esque.

Yeah it would be eliminating the USB cable issues so it be removing one less problem out of the equation but yeah your right Crystal sky still has issues. Does the Phantoms have any issues with their built in video screen controller ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes