DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Has anyone tried to make these manually? (Sphere Earth Shots)

"It doesn't shoot 4k. 1080p only for asteroid and several other shots alot"

Actually if the Mini 2 does. The catch is when you switch to 360 sphere mode, you have to change the setting to 4K. You cant change them until you are in that mode and in the air even if you changed them to 4K for regular pics. Then the software stitches them together saves out at 1080p. But if you go into the sim, the raw high res files are there unstitched.

Used ICE and the 25 4K spherical pano files.
View attachment 144277

Stitched the photos. Used the stereographic projection in ICE and made a best guess to the centre alignment point.
Cropped down roughly to a square and exported the image as a jpg file.
The image is 30mb so too big to post.
View attachment 144278

Here is the whole as a snip.
View attachment 144279

Zoomed in detail at 72dpi
View attachment 144287
Zoomed in some more.
View attachment 144283
and
View attachment 144280View attachment 144288

Reduced image 1/4 of the width for you to navigate
View attachment 144290
ICE was disconnected too.

Yep, I posted a link above, you can still get Autopano at vearious other sources. I wonder why they killed it? Is that why they bought it to kill the competition?

PTGui is built on the pioneering work of physics/math Prof. Helmut Dersch, who created the Panorama Tools library, (the “PT” in PTGui), that is used by many/most/all spherical pano stitching software.

There’s a community project called Hugin that is also built on Panorama Tools that suits some people. I found it challenging to learn, but there is lots of community support for it:

Last edited:
I second using Microsoft Image Composite Editor). Free, and usually excellent. The only trouble I have is adding in the missing sky. I do it in photoshop with , and depending on the 360, sometimes I can get excellent results without much effort, and sometimes not so great results. I wish there was an easy way to add the blurred fill-in sky like the DJI app does. Or like google photos automatically does if you leave the manually 360 dimensions intact (not changing to 2x1) but change the EXIF to fake it as a proper equirectangular 2x1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr